Bash completion is a set of command line command completions for the Bash shell, it contains a collection of helper functions to assist in creating new completions. It also provides a set of facilities for loading completions automatically on demand, as well as installing them.
Official Webpage: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bash-completion
- Open Terminal App,
- Type Command: brew install bash-completion
- Once installation is complete, please add the path of bash_completion.sh to the bash profile file ~/.bash_profile
Add the following line to your ~/.bash_profile: [[ -r "/opt/homebrew/etc/profile.d/bash_completion.sh" ]] && . "/opt/homebrew/etc/profile.d/bash_completion.sh"
- Run command source ~/.bash_profile
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to Bash,
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- [fix] bash: ssh: command not found
- bash: netstat: command not found
- Know Bash shell version command
- List all Username and User ID using Bash Command
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Install Bash Completion on macOS
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- Bash For Loop Example
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- Fix: Unsupported Java. Your build is currently configured to use Java 17.0.5 and Gradle 7.1. - Gradle
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments - Docker
- Convert Java List to Json String using Jackson - Java
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Microsoft
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus