Inverted Question Mark "¿" is used as an interrogative symbol at the beginning of a sentence in Spanish languages such as Asturian and Waray. If you are looking for this symbol on your Mac Keyboard you will not find it.
If you are a very frequent user of this symbol it is better to know the keyboard combinations to get this symbol instead of copy-pasting everything from somewhere.
Mac Keybaord Shortcut for Inverted Question Mark
Press Shift ⇧ and Option ⌥ Key together and while holding them press the ? or / Symbol key next Shift at the right side of your Mac Keyboard.
Shift ⇧ + Option ⌥ + /
Intrestingly, to type a question mark you press the Shift + / key, you just need to remember to press an additional Option key to get an interested one!
If you are on an iMac or Mac Mini with an external keyboard that does not have an Option key, you can try using the Alt key instead to get the same symbol.
I have tested this shortcut on M1 Macbook Pro running on macOS Ventura and it works! Do let us know in the comment section if you face any problems.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- wget Command on macOS Terminal - MacOS
- Save Screenshots on Mac in JPG instead of PNG Format - MacOS
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac - MacOS
- SharePoint Online REST API not returning all list items and limit to only 100 rows - SharePoint
- Command to know the installed Debian version? - Linux
- Quick steps to install Nginx on Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List - NotepadPlusPlus
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus