If you are new to macOS - the operating System for the Apple Desktop (iMac or Mac Mini) or Laptop (Macbook Air or Pros) then you may sure get this question as in "How do I empty the trash bin?"
It's pretty simple - just right click on the Trash icon you would see on the right side of your device dock and click - "Empty Trash"
The other way is to click on the Trash icon (or right-click -> Open) and you would see an empty button on the top right side of the window.
As you can see in the above example - When you try to empty the bin you will get a pop-up alert that reads - "Are you sure you want to permanently erase the items in the Trash? You can’t undo this action." - You can here Cancel the operation or click on the "Empty Trash" button to go ahead.
✌️If you are unsure if you want to permanently delete all you have in your trash bin then it's always recommended to open it and delete files and directories selectively.
Once the trash is empty. You will see that the icon now looks like an empty bin and the "Empty Trash" option is disabled.
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac