If you are new to macOS - the operating System for the Apple Desktop (iMac or Mac Mini) or Laptop (Macbook Air or Pros) then you may sure get this question "How do I empty the trash bin?"
It's pretty simple - just right click on the Trash icon you would see on the right side of your device dock and click - "Empty Trash"
The other way is to click on the Trash icon (or right-click -> Open) and you would see an empty button on the top right side of the window.
As you can see in the above example - When you try to empty the bin you will get a pop-up alert that reads - "Are you sure you want to permanently erase the items in the Trash? You can’t undo this action." - You can here Cancel the operation or click on the "Empty Trash" button to go ahead.
✌️If you are unsure if you want to permanently delete all you have in your trash bin then it's always recommended to open it and delete files and directories selectively.
Once the trash is empty. You will see that the icon now looks like an empty bin and the "Empty Trash" option is disabled.
- Thank you!! Mac is a completely new ecosystem for me! your steps helped!!
anonymous 03 Apr 2222 17:04:32 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again - HowTos
- Big Sur unsupported Mac [macOS] - MacOS
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- [Fix] java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol - Java
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Mac: How to show count of files and folders in Finder - MacOS
- JSP Hello World Program Tutorial with Eclipse and Tomcat Server - Java
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android