If you are new to macOS - the operating System for the Apple Desktop (iMac or Mac Mini) or Laptop (Macbook Air or Pros) then you may sure get this question "How do I empty the trash bin?"
It's pretty simple - just right click on the Trash icon you would see on the right side of your device dock and click - "Empty Trash"
The other way is to click on the Trash icon (or right-click -> Open) and you would see an empty button on the top right side of the window.
As you can see in the above example - When you try to empty the bin you will get a pop-up alert that reads - "Are you sure you want to permanently erase the items in the Trash? You can’t undo this action." - You can here Cancel the operation or click on the "Empty Trash" button to go ahead.
✌️If you are unsure if you want to permanently delete all you have in your trash bin then it's always recommended to open it and delete files and directories selectively.
Once the trash is empty. You will see that the icon now looks like an empty bin and the "Empty Trash" option is disabled.
- How to connect AirPods to Mac
- Display Safari URL address link on hover
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Docker Desktop needs privileged access macOS
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to start/boot macOS in safe mode - Big Sur 11.0, Catalina 10.15, or Mojave 10.14
- Find Mac version using terminal command
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to make EditText text to uppercase or lowercase on macOS
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert
- The default interactive shell is now zsh. [macOS]
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell)
- vi undo redo command [Examples] - Mac-OS-X
- [Hibernate] The method buildSessionFactory() from the type Configuration is deprecated - Java
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol - Eclipse
- Python Hello World! Program with code example (snippet) - Python
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Convert Float to String in Python - Python
- JSON Syntax : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt - MacOS