If you are new to macOS - the operating System for the Apple Desktop (iMac or Mac Mini) or Laptop (Macbook Air or Pros) then you may sure get this question "How do I empty the trash bin?"
It's pretty simple - just right click on the Trash icon you would see on the right side of your device dock and click - "Empty Trash"
The other way is to click on the Trash icon (or right-click -> Open) and you would see an empty button on the top right side of the window.
As you can see in the above example - When you try to empty the bin you will get a pop-up alert that reads - "Are you sure you want to permanently erase the items in the Trash? You can’t undo this action." - You can here Cancel the operation or click on the "Empty Trash" button to go ahead.
✌️If you are unsure if you want to permanently delete all you have in your trash bin then it's always recommended to open it and delete files and directories selectively.
Once the trash is empty. You will see that the icon now looks like an empty bin and the "Empty Trash" option is disabled.
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- List of Useful Mac Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts - MacOS
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template - Android-Studio
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for - Java
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut - Teams
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly - Teams