If you have recently moved from a Windows PC or a Laptop that runs on Windows Operating System (7/8/10/11) to Mac or Macbook which runs on the macOS Operating System and wondering "Is there an application on Mac like Notepad on Windows?"
Note: Though TextEdit is both a text editor as well as a word processor, you can use it as just a text editor by going to Menu -> Preferences... (Setting if on macOS Ventura or later) and selecting radio button Format = Plain Text
If you do not set the format as "Plain Text" the files you save using TextEdit will be saved as "Rich Text" by default.
You can find TextEdit App under Finder: Applications -> Text Edit
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to Quit Applications on Mac Using Terminal - MacOS
- Quick way to setup AWS DynamoDB locally on macOS - AWS
- FCM Messages Test Notification!!!! - Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts push alert - News
- Hide Navigation Bar from Android Screen Activity - Android
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application - SharePoint
- How to install Python on Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to install Python Specific version (3.8, 3.9 or 3.10) using Brew - Python