Since macOS Mojave (10.14) it is possible to change the default browser on your Mac from Apple's Safari browser to some other such as Google's Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Windows Edge.
How to change default browser if on macOS Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), Big Sur (11) and Monterey 12
- Go to the Apple icon on the menu bar,
- Select System Preferences...,
- Click on General,
- Click on Default web browser and Select the other options based on what you have installed on your Mac.
How to change default browser on macOS Ventura 13
- Click on Apple icon on the menu bar,
- Select System Settings...,
- Click on Desktop & Dock from the left sidebar,
- Next to Default web browser from the drop-down select the web-browser that you want to set as default.
✋️Note that you should have the browser installed on your Macbook before you can set it as default.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command - Linux
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- How To Change Mac Terminal Text Color - MacOS
- How to add two float numbers in Python - Python
- Java Get Current Date for a Specific Time Zone - Java
- How to run Gradle build in offline mode - Gradle
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon. - News