Since macOS Mojave (10.14) it is possible to change the default browser on your Mac from Apple's Safari browser to some other such as Google's Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Windows Edge.
How to change default browser if on macOS Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), Big Sur (11) and Monterey 12
- Go to the Apple icon on the menu bar,
- Select System Preferences...,
- Click on General,
- Click on Default web browser and Select the other options based on what you have installed on your Mac.
How to change default browser on macOS Ventura 13
- Click on Apple icon on the menu bar,
- Select System Settings...,
- Click on Desktop & Dock from the left sidebar,
- Next to Default web browser from the drop-down select the web-browser that you want to set as default.
✋️Note that you should have the browser installed on your Macbook before you can set it as default.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Error: Safari quit unexpectedly. Problem Report for Safari - MacOS
- Where does brew install python in macOS - Python
- [Solution] Java Error Code 1603. Java Update did not complete. - Java
- Convert Multidimensional Array toString In Java - Java
- Enable Native Dark Mode in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android M cannot run app using play button : Android Studio - Android