To know the list of Shells that are available on your Linux Operating System, you can take a look at the /etc/shells configuration file.
# cat /etc/shells /bin/sh /bin/bash /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/bash
As you can see, I have two shells available, sh and bash.
Let me install zsh,
# yum install -y zsh ... Installed: zsh.aarch64 0:5.8.1-1.amzn2.0.1 Complete!
Now if I do cat again of the /etc/shells I should have zsh listed as well.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to create tar.gz file using Terminal Command
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- How to exit from nano command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- Create and write file in single Linux/macOS command
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash]
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Terminal display next month Calendar
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux
- Command to unzip or extract tar.gz file on Linux or macOS?
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- Install Oh My Zsh on Ubuntu Docker complete steps - Ubuntu
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Notepad++ Search Across Multiple Lines - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to generate ssh key? - HowTos
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API - SharePoint
- Install Docker Desktop on M1/M2 Apple Silicon ARM Chip Mac - Docker
- Fix SharePoint Error - Unable to Display Named Item - SharePoint