# sh-copy-id firstname.lastname@example.org /usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: ERROR: No identities found
Fix 1: You need to add an option -I followed by your pub key location.Syntax:
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine
# ssh-copy-id -I my-key.pem email@example.com
Note: The pem key should be at the ./ssh/keyname.pem or the user /home directory.
Fix 2: If you do not have the .pem key, you first need to generate it using ssh-keygen command,
# ssh-keygen Generating public/private rsa key pair. Enter file in which to save the key (/root/.ssh/id_rsa): mykey Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): Enter same passphrase again: Your identification has been saved in mykey. Your public key has been saved in mykey.pub. The key fingerprint is: SHA256:NLc+NeahlR1fi/MrQErjPDVjP3U412CGZ0UkzpUrDFY root@3fb331332832 The key's randomart image is: +---[RSA 2048]----+ | .E+=*| | o.+++.| | o o oo+++| | . = B =+==| | S S @o+oo| | * C =o | | = o .. | | . . .| | .. | +----[SHA256]-----+
Have Questions? Post them here!
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to create tar.gz file using Terminal Command
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- How to exit from nano command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- Create and write file in single Linux/macOS command
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash]
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Terminal display next month Calendar
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux
- Command to unzip or extract tar.gz file on Linux or macOS?
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- PHP header location function not called - PHP
- Find Duplicate Files using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac - HowTos
- Facebook Graph API Unavailable - Facebook
- Java JDBC Batch Update Example with PreparedStatement - Java
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ - HowTos
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip - Android-Studio