If you are using a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu, CentOS, or Fedora and when you run man command you get bash: man: command not found, the most common reason is man pages are not installed.
How to install man package on Linux
Based on which Linux Distribution you are using make use of the package manager to install manRed Hat (REHL) - CentOS/Fedora:
# yum install man
# dnf install man
# apt install man
# apk add man
# yum install man .... ================================================================================= Package Arch Version Repository Size ================================================================================= Installing: man-db aarch64 2.6.3-9.amzn2.0.3 amzn2-core 556 k Installing for dependencies: groff-base aarch64 1.22.2-8.amzn2.0.2 amzn2-core 939 k less aarch64 458-9.amzn2.0.2 amzn2-core 121 k libpipeline aarch64 1.2.3-3.amzn2.0.2 amzn2-core 53 k Transaction Summary ================================================================================= Install 1 Package (+3 Dependent packages) Total download size: 1.6 M Installed size: 6.5 M Is this ok [y/d/N]: y ... Downloading packages: ... Installed: man-db.aarch64 0:2.6.3-9.amzn2.0.3 Complete!
If the man database is installed, try the man command again and it should work,
# man ls LS(1) User Commands LS(1) NAME ls - list directory contents SYNOPSIS ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to Linux,
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found
- Calculate days between dates using dateutils ddiff command
- pwd Command - Print Working Directory
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- How to Copy Entire Directory to another Directory in Linux
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to backup a file in Linux/Unix
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to Get the List of Shells on Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Installing and using unzip Command to unzip a zip file using Terminal
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- zsh hello world example
- List of jars required for Struts2 project - Java
- 2020 Popular Halloween Emoji's and hashtags - Hashtags
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux - Linux
- [Tutorial] Install Python on Visual Studio Code (VS Code) - Python
- Increase Font Size of Eclipse Java Code - Eclipse
- Setting and Updating AWS CLI Configuration - AWS
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue. - Microsoft
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL - SharePoint