If you see the Terminal a lot to run commands, you will really like speed things up to save time and be more efficient, one of the features that you can use for this is called autocomplete,
✌️Tab is the keyboard key that you can make use of for autocomplete and autosuggestion featureAutocomplete example:
As you can see in the above example when I type cd to change directory and type bi followed by tab key based on the current directory there is only one dir that starts with bi so it's autocompleted to bin
Also, when in the example, I typed cd m followed by pressing the tab key, nothing happened, when I pressed it twice, you get autosuggestions that all files and directories start with the letter m, as I wanted to select the media directory, I simply pressed key e followed by tab!
# cd bin # cd .. # cd m media/ mnt/ mydir/ # cd media/ #
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- Bash For Loop Example
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- bash: netstat: command not found
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n) - Android
- Upload Pdf file using PHP Script - PHP
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh - zsh
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server - Linux
- Steps to Compare Two files in Sublime Text Side-by-Side - Sublime-Text
- Android : IOException: Unable to open sync connection! - Android
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server - SharePoint
- How to install pip on macOS using terminal command [Python] - Python