Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:607) at com.mysql.cj.protocol.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:153) at com.mysql.cj.protocol.a.NativeSocketConnection.connect(NativeSocketConnection.java:63) ... 9 more
If your Application is not able to connect to the Database you will get ConnectException: Connection refused while working with Java JDBC, below are a few reasons that can cause this Exception,
- The Database is down? Check connection to the database via DB Client or Console. Try doing telnet.
- Make sure you have defined the right database Hostname/IP Address in your JDBC DriverManager Connection.
- Make sure the Port is correct.
- Make sure your firewall settings are not restricting access.
- Make sure the Database server if having an IP Whitelisting policy, your IP is listed.
- If the Database Server is on Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCS), the right policies are set.
- Check that you have Internet connectivity.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Create a Zip file using Java Code programmatically
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available
- How to Sort a LinkedList in Java
- Loading class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. This is deprecated. The new driver class is com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
- How to declare and initialize Array in Java Programming
- [Fix] java: integer number too large compilation error
- Java JDBC Connection with MySQL Driver in VS Code + Troubleshooting
- Reading .xls and .xlsx Excel file using Apache POI Java Library
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- How to get Client IP address using Java Code Example
- Truncate table using Java JDBC Example
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj]
- How to get file path in Idea IntelliJ IDE
- Java Generics explained with simple definition and examples
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements
- Java: Collect Stream as ArrayList or LinkedList
- Java JDBC Connection with PostgreSQL Driver Example
- How to check if Java main thread is alive
- How to fix Java nio NoSuchFileException wile reading a file
- Java 8+ get Day of the Week Examples with LocalDateTime, DateTime, ZonalDateTime and Instant classes
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java
- [Java] How to throws Exception using Functional Interface and Lambda code
- [Fix] Spring Boot: mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
- Java: The value of the local variable string is not used
- Java JDBC: Insert Java 8 LocalDate and Time using PreparedStatement
- Python Sleep Function/Method Code Example - Python
- Java 8: Steam map with Code Examples - Java
- How to Merge Branch into Master Branch - Git
- Advanced ways to set Custom Settings for a Website on Safari for Mac - MacOS
- fix macOS: The digital signature on the update is missing or invalid. Ventura - MacOS
- Show Desktop Keyboard Shortcut on Mac - MacOS
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case - Android