java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.14.jar:8.0.14] ... at org.code2care.jdbctemplate.eg.jdbctemplateeg.JdbctemplateegApplication.main(JdbctemplateegApplication.java:10) ~[classes/:na] 2023-04-13T16:03:45.104+05:30 INFO 73813 --- [main] .s.b.a.l.ConditionEvaluationReportLogger : Error starting ApplicationContext. To display the condition evaluation report re-run your application with 'debug' enabled. 2023-04-13T16:03:45.122+05:30 ERROR 73813 --- [main] o.s.boot.SpringApplication : Application run failed java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to execute CommandLineRunner ... Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Failed to obtain JDBC Connection ... Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.14.jar:8.0.14] ... 22 common frames omitted Process finished with exit code 1
The access denied for user SQLException indicates that you have problems with the credentials that are being used to connect to the MySQL database.
- Make sure you have set the correct username and password in the applications.properties file of your Spring Boot project.
- Make sure the Database Server is up and running.
% systemctl status mysql
- Check if there is no firewall configuration that is blocking access to port 3306 (default port, you might be using a different one)
- It can be so that you can using MySQL locally and have not set the password at all, in such case you can remove the spring.datasource.password property and try.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Create a Zip file using Java Code programmatically
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available
- How to Sort a LinkedList in Java
- Loading class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. This is deprecated. The new driver class is com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
- How to declare and initialize Array in Java Programming
- [Fix] java: integer number too large compilation error
- Java JDBC Connection with MySQL Driver in VS Code + Troubleshooting
- Reading .xls and .xlsx Excel file using Apache POI Java Library
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- How to get Client IP address using Java Code Example
- Truncate table using Java JDBC Example
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj]
- How to get file path in Idea IntelliJ IDE
- Java Generics explained with simple definition and examples
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements
- Java: Collect Stream as ArrayList or LinkedList
- Java JDBC Connection with PostgreSQL Driver Example
- How to check if Java main thread is alive
- How to fix Java nio NoSuchFileException wile reading a file
- Java 8+ get Day of the Week Examples with LocalDateTime, DateTime, ZonalDateTime and Instant classes
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java
- [Java] How to throws Exception using Functional Interface and Lambda code
- [Fix] Spring Boot: mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
- Java: The value of the local variable string is not used
- Java JDBC: Insert Java 8 LocalDate and Time using PreparedStatement
- How to reload Zsh .zshrc Profile - zsh
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu - Linux
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse
- Mac Shortcut for Fullscreen mode for App Window - MacOS
- Java Join Strings with Comma Separator - Java
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- Java + Spring JDBC Template + Gradle Example - Java