To view Error Log of Eclipse follow the below steps,
- Go to: Window > Show View > Others...,
- Now in "type text filer" searh for "Error Log",
- Click on Open and you should see the error log tab.
Under the Error log tab you should be able to see filters such as:
- Message: Displays the short description of the error/warning/info
- Plugin-in: Name of the plugin that the message is displayed for,
- Date: Date and Time on which the error was displayed.
The logs can be sorted based on Message, Plug-in ID, or Date in either ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headers.
The logs can also be grouped based on Session or Plugin ID.
You can make use of the log filters option to display only specific event types: OK, Information, Warning, or Error. The number of visible events can also be changed - the default is 50. The maximum size of logs is 1 MB by default - this can be changed here as well.
Error Events can further be filtered based on "All events" or "Most recent events". One can also add filters to hide stack trace elements by adding them using the Add button.
See more details Eclipse Error Log Event
When you double click on any event message - you would see a pop-up that displays more details for the error log as below.
- Plugin: Name of the eclipse plugin
- Severity: Event Severity - Info/Warning/Error
- Date: Date and Time of the Event.
- Message: Detailed summary fo the event.
- Exception Stack Trace: Displayed if there is (Java) stack trace related to the event.
- Session Data: data related to the session.
eclipse.buildId=4.19.0.I20210303-1800 java.version=15.0.2 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/code2care/.eclipse_keyring Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/code2care/.eclipse_keyring
How to export Eclipse Error Log?
Error log can be exported by right-clicking on an event and selecting the option Export Log... by default the log will be saved with a .log extension.
How to copy the Eclipse Error Log?
Error log can be copied by simply right-clicking on the event message and selecting the option Copy. The log details will be copied to the clipboard.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java]
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- How to run a Maven jar project from eclipse without tomcat
- [Fix] Spring Tool Suite STS Code Autocomplete not working with Eclipse
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Installing JD Decompiler plugin in Eclipse IDE
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Install Eclipse IDE on M1 Mac Natively
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O)
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS
- How to display Line Number in Eclipse IDE
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text - Microsoft
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml - Android
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command - Linux
- [Solution] Installing Whatsapp There's insufficient space on the device - WhatsApp
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process - NotepadPlusPlus