To view Error Log of Eclipse follow the below steps,
- Go to: Window > Show View > Others...,
- Now in "type text filer" searh for "Error Log",
- Click on Open and you should see the error log tab.
Under the Error log tab you should be able to see filters such as:
- Message: Displays the short description of the error/warning/info
- Plugin-in: Name of the plugin that the message is displayed for,
- Date: Date and Time on which the error was displayed.
The logs can be sorted based on Message, Plug-in ID, or Date in either ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headers.
The logs can also be grouped based on Session or Plugin ID.
You can make use of the log filters option to display only specific event types: OK, Information, Warning, or Error. The number of visible events can also be changed - the default is 50. The maximum size of logs is 1 MB by default - this can be changed here as well.
Error Events can further be filtered based on "All events" or "Most recent events". One can also add filters to hide stack trace elements by adding them using the Add button.
See more details Eclipse Error Log Event
When you double click on any event message - you would see a pop-up that displays more details for the error log as below.
- Plugin: Name of the eclipse plugin
- Severity: Event Severity - Info/Warning/Error
- Date: Date and Time of the Event.
- Message: Detailed summary fo the event.
- Exception Stack Trace: Displayed if there is (Java) stack trace related to the event.
- Session Data: data related to the session.
eclipse.buildId=4.19.0.I20210303-1800 java.version=15.0.2 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/code2care/.eclipse_keyring Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/code2care/.eclipse_keyring
How to export Eclipse Error Log?
Error log can be exported by right-clicking on an event and selecting the option Export Log... by default the log will be saved with a .log extension.
How to copy the Eclipse Error Log?
Error log can be copied by simply right-clicking on the event message and selecting the option Copy. The log details will be copied to the clipboard.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error
- Increase Font Size of Eclipse Java Code
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- How to display Line Number in Eclipse IDE
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS
- How to view the Eclipse error log
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash] - Linux
- macOS R installation steps - MacOS
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome
- How to get more information about npm using brew command - HowTos
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft