In order to update brew (homebrew) on your Mac, simply run the command brew update on the macOS Terminal.Syntax:
brew update [options]
Fetch the newest version of Homebrew and all formulae from GitHub using git. --merge --auto-update -q, --quiet -v, --verbose -d, --debug
% brew update Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core).
If there is nothing to update, you will get Already up-to-date.
% brew update Already up-to-date.
Try brew help update to know more!
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to install Node using Brew on Mac
- Display full website URL/address in Safari macOS Browser
- Install Native Java JDK JRE on Apple Silicon M1 Mac
- Enable macOS Stage Manager
- How to set an emoji as Zsh terminal prompt in macOS
- Fix Error - Another active Homebrew update process is already in progress
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Check macOS free disk space using Terminal command
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to know installed version of Homebrew
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- MacBook - Time Limit - You have reached your time limit, Ignore Limit
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- Best Free Gif screen capture app now available for M1 Chip Mac - LICECap
- Find Duplicate Files using Mac Terminal Command
- Fix AWS CLI 2 SignatureDoesNotMatch Error - Signature we calculated does not match - AWS
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example - Java
- Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class UnsupportedClassVersionError [Eclipse Java] - Java
- 97 Useful Notepad++ Keyboard Shortcuts - NotepadPlusPlus
- Ubuntu zsh: command not found: nano - zsh
- Whats new in Python 3.10 Pre-release - Python
- What does -Xms and -Xmx stands for in Java? - Java
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error - Android