When you set up your new Mac device for the first time, or update your Mac to the latest version of macOS, you are asked to set how will you like to have the appearance of your macOS, Light, Dark, or Auto.
If you now wish to change what you had set as default, then you can follow the below steps.
Steps to Change macOS Appearance Light, Dark, or Auto
- Step 1: Go to macOS Sonoma Menu and click on Apple Logo
- Step 2: Now Select System Settings...
- Step 3: From the left sidebar select Appearance
- Step 4: Here under Appearance, you can toggle between Light, Dark, and Auto modes.
- Step 5: Close the System Settings window.
When you select auto mode, the appearance of your Mac changes from light to dark as the sun sets based on your location.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop - Microsoft
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution] - Android
- How to Show Battery Percentage inside iPhone 12-14 Battery Indicator? - iOS
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Division between two numbers - C-Program
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area - Git
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams] - Microsoft
- [Fix] java.time.zone.ZoneRulesException: Unknown time-zone ID - Java