If you do not have a Microsoft Teams account and you want to join a meeting shared by your colleague or friend you follow the below steps,
- In order to create a meeting go to Teams App -> Calender -> Meet Now and click on "Get a Link to Share". You can also create a scheduled meeting using the Calender option. You will get a link of the meeting that you can share as text or send the link via email.
- Now that we have a meeting invite created, lets try to join this meeting without Teams app, Open the link in browser. You will see three options,
How do you want to join your Teams meeting?
- Download the Windows/Mac/iOS/Android App.
- Continue on this browser
- Open your teams app
- Click on "Continue on this broswer" - you will be asked to allow use of microphone and camera.
- You will get a meet now window were you can add your name and join the meeting.
Note: If you are using Safari browser, you will not be able to join the meeting via it, you will get a message "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Quickest solution? Download the desktop app."
When you join the meeting you will end up into the meeting lobby. The meething organizer will be notified that someone has joined the meeting and will need to admit them in. Also, if you are not admitted to the meeting within 15 minutes you will be removed from the lobby and if this happens you would again need to try joining the meeting via the link.
You would see that not all features of Teams meetings are available when you join as a guest without an Teams account.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- How to Install Microsoft Teams App on M1 or M2 Mac
- How to uninstall/remove or disable Microsoft Teams
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams - Where would you like to start - Business or Personal
- [fix] White Screen when open Teams on Windows
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams
- Fix: Teams is in preview in Safari on Mac
- Microsoft Teams Error code - 6 issue
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Fix Something went wrong 0xCAA20004 [Microsoft Teams]
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- Microsoft Teams Error - You cannot add another work account to Teams at the moment
- How to Update Microsoft Teams to the latest Version
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Shortcuts: How to Toggle Word Wrap in Visual Studio Code (VS Code) - Shortcuts
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts - SharePoint
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode - Python
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Get count of SharePoint List or Document Library Items using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS - MacOS