If you do not have a Microsoft Teams account and you want to join a meeting shared by your colleague or friend you follow the below steps,
- In order to create a meeting go to Teams App -> Calender -> Meet Now and click on "Get a Link to Share". You can also create a scheduled meeting using the Calender option. You will get a link of the meeting that you can share as text or send the link via email.
- Now that we have a meeting invite created, lets try to join this meeting without Teams app, Open the link in browser. You will see three options,
How do you want to join your Teams meeting?
- Download the Windows/Mac/iOS/Android App.
- Continue on this browser
- Open your teams app
- Click on "Continue on this broswer" - you will be asked to allow use of microphone and camera.
- You will get a meet now window were you can add your name and join the meeting.
Note: If you are using Safari browser, you will not be able to join the meeting via it, you will get a message "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Quickest solution? Download the desktop app."
When you join the meeting you will end up into the meeting lobby. The meething organizer will be notified that someone has joined the meeting and will need to admit them in. Also, if you are not admitted to the meeting within 15 minutes you will be removed from the lobby and if this happens you would again need to try joining the meeting via the link.
You would see that not all features of Teams meetings are available when you join as a guest without an Teams account.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- How to uninstall/remove or disable Microsoft Teams
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to use Spotlight feature in Teams meeting to pin and highlight participant and content
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Fix Something went wrong 0xCAA20004 [Microsoft Teams]
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we have run into an issue Try again
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- Microsoft Teams Error code - 6 issue
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- [Fix] Microsoft teams error code 503 - Failed to reach https
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- How to Change name on Microsoft Teams Application
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to Update Microsoft Teams to the latest Version
- How to start Microsoft Teams on Mac Startup
- Fix: Teams is in preview in Safari on Mac
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account
- Microsoft Teams Error - You cannot add another work account to Teams at the moment
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- How to empty Trash in macOS? - MacOS
- [Android Studio] Button on click example - Android-Studio
- 3 Python program to add two numbers - Python
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API - SharePoint
- Android : Neither user 10085 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Android
- How to install iTerm2 Mac Terminal Alternative - MacOS
- Replace delimiter with new line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus