If you do not have a Microsoft Teams account and you want to join a meeting shared by your colleague or friend you follow the below steps,
- In order to create a meeting go to Teams App -> Calender -> Meet Now and click on "Get a Link to Share". You can also create a scheduled meeting using the Calender option. You will get a link of the meeting that you can share as text or send the link via email.
- Now that we have a meeting invite created, lets try to join this meeting without Teams app, Open the link in browser. You will see three options,
How do you want to join your Teams meeting?
- Download the Windows/Mac/iOS/Android App.
- Continue on this browser
- Open your teams app
- Click on "Continue on this broswer" - you will be asked to allow use of microphone and camera.
- You will get a meet now window were you can add your name and join the meeting.
Note: If you are using Safari browser, you will not be able to join the meeting via it, you will get a message "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Quickest solution? Download the desktop app."
When you join the meeting you will end up into the meeting lobby. The meething organizer will be notified that someone has joined the meeting and will need to admit them in. Also, if you are not admitted to the meeting within 15 minutes you will be removed from the lobby and if this happens you would again need to try joining the meeting via the link.
You would see that not all features of Teams meetings are available when you join as a guest without an Teams account.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- [Fix] Microsoft teams error code 503 - Failed to reach https
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we've run into an issue Try again
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting
- How to use Spotlight feature in Teams meeting to pin and highlight participant and content
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams change default language
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html