In order to format and to perform schema validation of XML files or text in Notepad++ you will need to make use of the XML Tools plugin which you can download using the Plugins Admin...,
Steps to install XML Tools
- Go to Menu: Plugins -> Plugin Admin...
- Search for XML Tools,
- Click on Install,
- Notepad++ will restart,
- Now under Plugins you should see an option of XML Tools,
Small set of useful tools for editing XML. The plugin is MSXML-based. The features are: - XML syntax Check - XML Schema (XSD) + DTD Validation - XML tag autoclose - Pretty print - Linarize XML - Current XML Path - Conversion XML <-> Text - Comment / Uncomment - XPath expression evaluation Author: Nicolas Crittin Homepage: https://github.com/morbac/xmltools
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 device.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied) - MySQL
- How to enable Auto-Save Files in VS Code - HowTos
- [Fix] Connect to Minecraft Remote Connect URL via https //aka.ms/remoteconnect - Microsoft
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to start/boot macOS in safe mode - Big Sur 11.0, Catalina 10.15, or Mojave 10.14 - MacOS
- Java: Reference List of Time Zones and GMT/UTC Offset - Java
- How to change the System Settings Sidebar icon size Mac Ventura 13 - MacOS
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse