Today Python version 3.11 has been released which is said to be 10% to 60% faster compared to its predecessor 3.10 version.
If you want to install Python 3.11 on your Mac, you can make use of the Homebrew package manager.
% brew install email@example.com ... ==> Downloading https://ghcr.io/v2/homebrew/core/python/3.11/manifests/3.11.0 ... ==> Installing dependencies for firstname.lastname@example.org: mpdecimal, readline, sqlite and xz ==> Installing email@example.com dependency: mpdecimal ==> Pouring mpdecimal--2.5.1.arm64_ventura.bottle.tar.gz 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/mpdecimal/2.5.1: 71 files, 2.2MB ... 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/xz/5.2.7: 95 files, 1.5MB ==> Installing firstname.lastname@example.org ==> Pouring email@example.com_monterey.bottle.tar.gz ==> /opt/homebrew/Cellarfirstname.lastname@example.org/3.11.0/bin/python3.11 -m ensurepip ==> /opt/homebrew/Cellaremail@example.com/3.11.0/bin/python3.11 -m pip install -v --no-deps --no-index --upgrade --isolated --target=/opt/homebrew/lib/pyth ==> Caveats Python has been installed as /opt/homebrew/bin/python3.11 Unversioned and major-versioned symlinks `python`, `python3`, `python-config`, `python3-config`, `pip`, `pip3`, etc. pointing to `python3.11`, `python3.11-config`, `pip3.11` etc., respectively, have been installed into /firstname.lastname@example.org/libexec/bin
Once installed, based on your Mac Chip type (M1/M2 ARM or Intel) you should get a note in the logs where is Python 3.11 installed on your file system.
Python has been installed as /opt/homebrew/bin/python3.11
Running the Python 3.11 Shell:
% sudo /opt/homebrew/bin/python3.11 Password: Python 3.11.0 (main, Oct 25 2022, 13:57:33) [Clang 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202)] on darwin Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program
- How to write JSON file in Python Program
- Reading JSON file in Python with Examples
- Python raise error with message example
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code
- tkinter - Hello World! Program
- Know current Python Version
- Python Program To Calculate Simple Interest (SimpleInterest.py)
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- Check version of pip package installer for Python
- How to Convert String to DateTime in Python
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- Get MD5 Hash as Checksum of a String in Python
- TypeError: must be str, not int [Fix Python]
- Comments in Python Programming
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- How to install pip on macOS using terminal command [Python]
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- How to uninstall pip Python packages
- Check if String Contains a Substring - Python
- How to List all Packages installed using pip [Python]
- 7 Python Arithmetic Operators with Examples [Tutorial]
- Python range() function examples
- How to install Python 3.9 using brew on Mac
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- All directional arrows codes for HTML - Html
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue - Android
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿ - MacOS
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365] - Microsoft