If you want to share a secured or confidential pdf file, you would certainly want to protect it with a password so only trusted people with the password can open it.
Follow these steps to password protect a pdf.
⭐ Restrict opening or editing
- Open the pdf file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password.
- Choose what protection you want under "Requires user to enter a password for" - viewing or editing.
- Enter the desired password in "Type Password" and "Re-type Password". Ensure you meet the password criteria and choose a strong hard to remember password.
- Click Apply.
Viewing: A password is required to view the pdf Editing: A password is required to edit the pdf
Remember the password as now the pdf can be opened only with the set password. You may also keep a copy which is not password protected.
⭐ Restrict copy, print
- Open the pdf file.
- Click Tools > Protect > More Options > Encrypt with Password.
- Click File > Protect Using Password > More Options > Advanced Password Protection.
- Click Yes, if prompted.
- Check "Restrict Editing And Printing Of The Document. A password will be required in order to change these permissions settings.".
- Select None option from "Printing Allowed" dropdown.
- Select None option from "Changes Allowed" dropdown.
- Provide the password.
- Select the Encryption options as required.
- Click OK > re-confirm password and click OK.
You may also apply restrictions on the pdf files using IRM features like Azure Information Rights Protection. If correct encryption settings are selected, the pdf content and its metadata can also be hidden from search engines.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari - MacOS
- Check installed Python version in Windows, Linux & macOS - Python
- How to create Jira API Token for Atlassian Account to connect Jira Cloud REST API - Jira
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email - Git
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled - SharePoint
- Two Ways to Extract rar (*.rar) files on Mac - MacOS
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html) - WhatsApp
- How to Convert String to DateTime in Python - Python