If you want to share a secured or confidential pdf file, you would certainly want to protect it with a password so only trusted people with the password can open it.
Follow these steps to password protect a pdf.
⭐ Restrict opening or editing
- Open the pdf file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password.
- Choose what protection you want under "Requires user to enter a password for" - viewing or editing.
- Enter the desired password in "Type Password" and "Re-type Password". Ensure you meet the password criteria and choose a strong hard to remember password.
- Click Apply.
Viewing: A password is required to view the pdf Editing: A password is required to edit the pdf
Remember the password as now the pdf can be opened only with the set password. You may also keep a copy which is not password protected.
⭐ Restrict copy, print
- Open the pdf file.
- Click Tools > Protect > More Options > Encrypt with Password.
- Click File > Protect Using Password > More Options > Advanced Password Protection.
- Click Yes, if prompted.
- Check "Restrict Editing And Printing Of The Document. A password will be required in order to change these permissions settings.".
- Select None option from "Printing Allowed" dropdown.
- Select None option from "Changes Allowed" dropdown.
- Provide the password.
- Select the Encryption options as required.
- Click OK > re-confirm password and click OK.
You may also apply restrictions on the pdf files using IRM features like Azure Information Rights Protection. If correct encryption settings are selected, the pdf content and its metadata can also be hidden from search engines.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to create a New Project in Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting?
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Find Restroom Near Me - Closest Toilet Nearby Using Your Current Location
- How to install xz data compression software using Brew
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to display line numbers in Terminal while displaying content of a file
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- Install SonarLint on Visual Studio Code
- How to Scan iPhone for Virus? Is Antivirus it really required?
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to Fix Spelling Errors on Microsoft Word for Mac
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- [Fix] Error 1020 Cloudflare: Access was denied
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- What is an Authorization Code Grant? OAuth 2.0
- How to Connect to AWS Windows EC2 UI Instance from M1 Mac (Updated 2022)
- How to replace with space
- VS Code Remove Unused Imports Keyboard Shortcut
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- 9 Border to DIV Element in HTML Examples - Html
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal - MacOS
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop - MacOS
- [Maven] Multiple annotations found at this line pom.xml CoreException, ArtifactResolutionException - Java
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example - Java
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for - Java