As a Software Developer one spends most of the time either in an IDE like Eclipse or trying to run commands or scripts on the Terminal (Mac or Linux) or the Command Line.
Nowadays almost all IDEs are equipped with a Terminal embedded in the tool itself.
Steps to Open Terminal in Eclipse
- Open Eclipse,
- Go to the Menu: Window -> Show View
- Select Terminal (if you do not see it click on Others and Look for Terminal)
- You should see the Terminal View
Open Terminal with the PWD in Eclipse
There is another way you can view the Terminal which can be quite useful if you want to open a specific location path in the project in the Console,
- Be on the file or package location where you can open the terminal.
- Now Go to Menu: Navigate -> Show in -> Terminal
- This will open Terminal View with the present working directory as the current project folder (or the folder in which the file is currently open).
How to Open Multiple Terminals
To open multiple terminals in eclipse, you can click on the below icons next to a terminal view.
Note: You also have the option to open a Terminal using SSH and Telnet.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to display hidden files in Eclipse (dot prefixed files)
- Convert existing code project into a git project using Eclipse
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace
- How to create a Git Project in Eclipse (Step-by-step)
- [Solution] Spring Tool Suite (STS) support for JSP (JAVA EE)
- How to Remove All Terminated Console tabs at once in Eclipse
- Eclipse Java: Multiple markers at this line error
- Compare Current and Previous Versions of Same File (Local History) in Eclipse
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Fix: Eclipse Cant Connect to any repository not Authorized Error GitHub
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O)
- How to Configure GitHub with Eclipse IDE in 2023
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- Fix: Eclipse Connection time out: github.com
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java]
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font
- How to Download Jira App for Mac - Jira
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device - Android
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required - MacOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac - MacOS
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file - MySQL
- How to install python pip on Ubuntu using apt command - Linux
- Align html element at the center of page vertically and horizontally - Html