If you are out in the city, on the streets for some work, or with your friends or family on a vacation to a foreign country and you realize that you really need to flush your bladder and you are wondering where the nearest restrooms are? Well, the smartphone in your pocket can come in very handy in such situations.
Below are some of the ways you can instantly locate a restroom near you,
1. Google Maps: To Locate Restrooms/Toilets/Bathroom Near Me
By default Google Maps app is installed on every Android mobile phone if you cannot find it, here is the link to quickly install it,
✌️ Google Map PlayStore Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en_US&gl=US
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you may not have Google Maps installed on your device by default, if you do not have it installed here is the link to get it quickly installed.
✌️ Google Map App Store Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-maps-transit-food/id585027354
Google Maps is available for over 220 countries and territories in the world, so if you are a traveler in a new country or a city where you do not know the native language, this can come in really useful to quickly locate and navigate to a washroom.
Simply type "restroom near me" in the search and you should see a list of all you will see all the nearby restrooms based on your current location that you are now. You will see the list of both public and private restrooms which even contains the ratings provided by the people who have used them so you can even understand how hygienic and safe the place is to utilize. If you look into more details you can even know what are the operational times that the bathroom/toilet service is open and if it's closed due to some public holiday.
If you do not have this application installed don't worry you can open your Google Chrome or iOS Safari browser and type https://www.google.com/maps and type "public toilet near me" and it will work just the same as the native App.
As you can see in the above screenshot - you will see a red location icon that has a male and female icon that signals to the toilets.
2. Apple Maps: To Locate Restrooms near you
Open the Maps app on your iOS device - iPhone or iPad and type something like "find a restroom near me!", download the app from the below link if you do not have it installed on your device,
⛏️ Apple Maps PlayStore Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-maps/id915056765
You can install this app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
3. Locate Restroom near you using Search Assistance such as Siri and OK Google
Forget Apps, the best and the quickest way to locate a restroom near you is using your phone's personal assistants such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can try the below common phrases,
- Hey Siri, closest restroom near me
- Ok Google, find public restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, Show toilets near Time Square
- Ok Google, Locate washroom near London Eye
- Hey Siri, public urinal near Taj Mahal
- Ok Google, 24 hour restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, paid toilets near me
- Bathroom near me
You can also use Google Maps on your Desktop and Laptop to locate restrooms for a place that you are going to visit just to make sure you have the well-planned literary by looking for "restrooms near Chicago Bay area"
4. Store Maps offline if you may not have internet connectivity
If you are in a location where you may not have internet access, its better that you download the Maps offline and store it on your device, in this way all you need to do is enable your geolocation option on your phone and the Map will provide you details based on where you are!
5. If Technology does work
If your phone is dead or you are in a situation where you are not caring about your phone, the best thing to do is look for a restaurant or a shopping mall. If nothing works ask the people around you to help you navigate to the nearest restroom :)
⚠️ Please take care of hygiene during the COVID-19 pandemic while using public toilets.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to replace with space
- Create Duplicate Line Visual Studio Code (above or below) Example
- Health Status Page for OpenAI ChatGPT or GPT 4
- How to add password to pdf file for opening, editing, printing, copying
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- How to enter Rockstar Activation Code?
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting?
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- Accept Only 0-9 Numbers RegEx Example
- Add X days from today in Command Line
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Raspberry Pi
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to remove JetBrains Toolbox from Mac Startup
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to Search Maven Central Repository
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- How to install Postman natively on a Mac
- How to remove password from pdf file
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- [Fix] Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to install node on macOS Ventura/Sonoma
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- How to Enable Remote Management using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory - Linux
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command - Linux
- Fix: grunt: command not found (Mac/Windows) - MacOS
- Python: How to create a Panda Data frame from a List - Python
- How to know the current shell you are logged in? - Bash
- AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Exam: Quick Revision Notes - Microsoft
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line - MacOS