If you are out in the city, on the streets for some work, or with your friends or family on a vacation to a foreign country and you realize that you really need to flush your bladder and you are wondering where the nearest restrooms are? Well, the smartphone in your pocket can come in very handy in such situations.
Below are some of the ways you can instantly locate a restroom near you,
1. Google Maps: To Locate Restrooms/Toilets/Bathroom Near Me
By default Google Maps app is installed on every Android mobile phone, if you cannot find it, here is the link to quickly install it,
✌️ Google Map PlayStore Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en_US&gl=US
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you may not have Google Maps installed on your device by default, if you do not have it installed here is the link to get it quickly installed.
✌️ Google Map App Store Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-maps-transit-food/id585027354
Google Maps is available for over 220 countries and territories in the world, so if you are a traveler in a new country or a city where you do not know the native language, this can come in really useful to quickly locate and navigate to a washroom.
Simply type "restroom near me" in the search and you should see a list of all you will see all the nearby restrooms based on your current location that you are now. You will see the list of both public and private restrooms which even contains the ratings provided by the people who have used them so you can even understand how hygienic and safe the place is to utilize. If you look into more details you can even know what are the operational times that the bathroom/toilet service is open and if it's closed due to some public holiday.
If you do not have this application installed don't worry you can open your Google Chrome or iOS Safari browser and type https://www.google.com/maps and type "public toilet near me" and it will work just the same as the native App.
As you can see in the above screenshot - you will see a red location icon that has a male and female icon that signals to the toilets.
2. Apple Maps: To Locate Restrooms near you
Open the Maps app on your iOS device - iPhone or iPad and type something like "find a restroom near me!", download the app from the below link if you do not have it installed on your device,
⛏️ Apple Maps PlayStore Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-maps/id915056765
You can install this app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
3. Locate Restroom near you using Search Assistance such as Siri and OK Google
Forget Apps, the best and the quickest way to locate a restroom near you is using your phone personal assistants such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can try the below common phrases,
- Hey Siri, closest restroom near me
- Ok Google, find public restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, Show toilets near Time Square
- Ok Google, Locate washroom near London Eye
- Hey Siri, public urinal near Taj Mahal
- Ok Google, 24 hour restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, paid toilets near me
- Bathroom near me
You can also use Google Maps on your Desktop and Laptop to locate restrooms for a place that you are going to visit just to make sure you have the well planned literary by looking for "restrooms near Chicago bay area"
4. Store Maps offline if you may not have internet connectivity
If you are in a location where you may not have internet access, its better that you download the Maps offline and store it on your device, in this way all you need to do is enable your geolocation option on your phone and the Map will provide you details based on where you are!
5. If Technology does work
If your phone is dead or you are in a situation where you are not caring about your phone, the best thing to do is look for a restaurant or a shopping mall. If nothing works ask the people around you to help you navigate to the nearest restroom :)
⚠️ Please take care of hygiene during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic while using public toilets.
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx - SharePoint
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table - SharePoint
- List of Useful Mac Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts - MacOS
- How to enable Dark Mode in Windows 11 - Windows-11
- Microsoft Lists and SharePoint Online edit grid view - use undo and redo changes - SharePoint
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) Client on Mac - Microsoft
- Is Facebook is down? Is it just for me? - Facebook
- Create a Directory using Java Code - Java