If you are out in the city on the streets for some work or with your friends or family on a vacation to a foreign country and you realize that you really need to flush your bladder and you are wondering where the nearest restrooms are? The smartphone in your pocket can come in very handy in such situations.
Below are some of the ways you can instantly locate a restroom near you,
1. Google Maps: To Locate Restrooms/Toilets Near You
By default Google Maps app is installed on every Android mobile phone, if you cannot find it, here is the link to quickly install it,
Google Map PlayStore Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en_US&gl=US
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you may not have Google Maps installed on your device by default, if you do not have it installed here is the link to get it quickly installed.
Google Map App Store Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-maps-transit-food/id585027354
Google Maps is available for over 220 countries and territories in the world, so if you are a traveler in a new country or a city where you do not know the native language, this can come in really useful to quickly locate and navigate to a washroom.
Simply type "restroom near me" in the search and you should see a list of all you will see all the nearby restrooms based on your current location that you are now. You will see the list of both public and private restrooms which even contains the ratings provided by the people who have used them so you can even understand how hygienic and safe the place is to utilize. If you look into more details you can even know what are the operational times that the bathroom/toilet service is open and if it's closed due to some public holiday.
If you do not have this application installed don't worry you can open your Google Chrome or iOS Safari browser and type https://www.google.com/maps and type "public toilet near me" and it will work just the same as the native App.Embed from Getty Images
As you can see in the above screenshot - you will see a red location icon that has a male and female icon that signals to the toilets.
2. Apple Maps: To Locate Restrooms near you
Open the Maps app on your iOS device - iPhone or iPad and type something like "find a restroom near me!", download the app from the below link if you do not have it installed on your device,
⛏️ Apple Maps PlayStore Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-maps/id915056765
You can install this app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
3. Locate Restroom near you using Search Assistenent such as Siri and OK Google
Forget Apps, the best and the quickest way to locate a restroom near you is using your phones personal assistants such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can try the below common phrases,
- Hey Siri, closest restrooms near me
- Ok Google, find public restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, Show toilets near Time Square
- Ok Google, Locate washroom near London Eye
- Hey Siri, public urinal near Taj Mahal
- Ok Google, 24 hour restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, paid toilets near me
You can also use Google Maps on your Desktop and Laptop to locate restrooms for a place that you are going to visit just to make sure you have the well planned literary by looking for "restrooms near Chicago bay area"
⚠️ Please take care of hygiene during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic period while using public toilets.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to get more information about npm using brew command
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Display bookmarks bar Safari
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html