If you are out in the city on the streets for some work or with your friends or family on a vacation to a foreign country and you realize that you really need to flush your bladder and you are wondering where the nearest restrooms are? The smartphone in your pocket can come in very handy in such situations.
Below are some of the ways you can instantly locate a restroom near you,
1. Google Maps: To Locate Restrooms/Toilets Near You
By default Google Maps app is installed on every Android mobile phone, if you cannot find it, here is the link to quickly install it,
Google Map PlayStore Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en_US&gl=US
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you may not have Google Maps installed on your device by default, if you do not have it installed here is the link to get it quickly installed.
Google Map App Store Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-maps-transit-food/id585027354
Google Maps is available for over 220 countries and territories in the world, so if you are a traveler in a new country or a city where you do not know the native language, this can come in really useful to quickly locate and navigate to a washroom.
Simply type "restroom near me" in the search and you should see a list of all you will see all the nearby restrooms based on your current location that you are now. You will see the list of both public and private restrooms which even contains the ratings provided by the people who have used them so you can even understand how hygienic and safe the place is to utilize. If you look into more details you can even know what are the operational times that the bathroom/toilet service is open and if it's closed due to some public holiday.
If you do not have this application installed don't worry you can open your Google Chrome or iOS Safari browser and type https://www.google.com/maps and type "public toilet near me" and it will work just the same as the native App.Embed from Getty Images
As you can see in the above screenshot - you will see a red location icon that has a male and female icon that signals to the toilets.
2. Apple Maps: To Locate Restrooms near you
Open the Maps app on your iOS device - iPhone or iPad and type something like "find a restroom near me!", download the app from the below link if you do not have it installed on your device,
⛏️ Apple Maps PlayStore Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-maps/id915056765
You can install this app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
3. Locate Restroom near you using Search Assistenent such as Siri and OK Google
Forget Apps, the best and the quickest way to locate a restroom near you is using your phones personal assistants such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can try the below common phrases,
- Hey Siri, closest restrooms near me
- Ok Google, find public restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, Show toilets near Time Square
- Ok Google, Locate washroom near London Eye
- Hey Siri, public urinal near Taj Mahal
- Ok Google, 24 hour restrooms near me
- Hey Siri, paid toilets near me
You can also use Google Maps on your Desktop and Laptop to locate restrooms for a place that you are going to visit just to make sure you have the well planned literary by looking for "restrooms near Chicago bay area"
⚠️ Please take care of hygiene during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic period while using public toilets.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- How to find lost AirPods?
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf
- Display bookmarks bar Safari
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- [Solution] Android Studio does not displays Toolbar in Layout Design - Android-Studio
- MacOS Safari Fullscreen Keyboard Shortcuts - MacOS
- How to set an emoji as Zsh terminal prompt in macOS - MacOS
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime?FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android
- macOS R installation steps - MacOS
- Country ISO Codes List - Java
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Android Studio] Button on click example - Android-Studio
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Java
- Telegram down in Europe - users facing connection issues and 500 Internal Server error - News
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load - Android
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout - Android
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python] - Python
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web. - SharePoint
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio - Android-Studio
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error - Android