At times you may want to copy the text of a command on a Mac Terminal to the Clipboard, you can do that after executing the command and by making use of the keyboard and the mouse (or trackpad), but this will be a two-step process.
Do you know we can make use of a command called pbcopy, which lets you copy the output of a command straight to the clipboard.
ls -l | pbcopy
You can learn more about this command using the manual man pbcopy.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to make ZSH as the default shell on Ubuntu - zsh
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager? - MacOS
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated - Eclipse
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons - Android
- [Solved] Dynamic Web Module 3.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer Mac OSX - Mac-OS-X
- Find installed Gradle version command - Gradle
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error] - Microsoft