If you want to know the list of available shells on your macOS (Catalina, Mojave, Big Sur) you can try the command cat /etc/shells, this will print list of all shells that are available,
mac:~ code2care$ cat /etc/shells # List of acceptable shells for chpass(1). # Ftpd will not allow users to connect who are not using # one of these shells. /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/dash /bin/ksh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh
✏️ Z Shell (Zsh) is the default. shell shipped since macOS Catalina and BigSur
How to switch between shells in macOS?
Simply type the shell name on the prompt.
code2care@mac ~ % bash The default interactive shell is now zsh. To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`. For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050. bash-3.2$ csh [mac:~] code2care% dash $ ksh $ sh sh-3.2$ tcsh [mac:~] code2care% zsh code2care@mac ~ %
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Sublime Text 3 Convert Case to Upper, Lower, Title or Swap - Sublime-Text
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum - Java
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty - SharePoint
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams