If you recently purchased a new Mac running on the ARM Apple Silicon M1/M2 Chip and want to install Google Chrome, follow the below steps,
- Open Safari Web Browser on your Mac (press F4 key to open Spotlight Search and type Safari),
- Now go to URL: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- It will download a googlechrome.dmg setup file nearly about 100 MB in size
- Now go to Finder and click on the downloads directory and double-click on the googlechrome.dmg file to install it.
- You will see a window with Google Chrome Icon and Application folder, drag the Chome icon into Application Folder.
- It will take about a minute to copy Chrome
- Thats it, now if you search for Chrome in Spotlight search you should find it as ready to use!
Note: You will see the Disk-Drive icon on your Desktop with the Chrome logo, just right-click on it and select "Eject Google Chrome"
List of all M1/M2 Macs
- MacBook Air (M2, 2022)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022)
- Mac Studio (2022)
- MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
- iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)
- Mac mini (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
The setup that will get downloaded on the Mac if running M1 or M2 processors will be a native one by default.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome]
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English
- New Mac? How to install Native Chrome on M1/M2 Mac
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome?
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes.
- How to Update Chrome Browser on Mac?
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser
- Google Chrome Update failed (error: 12)
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome
- How to see HTTP Request Response Headers in Google Chrome Browser
- auth_client_using_bad_version_title : Error Android Lint - Android
- How to send SMS message in Android Emulator - Android
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux - Linux
- How to generate ssh key? - HowTos
- How to open SharePoint Online Modern SPFX links in new tab - SharePoint
- How to change macOS Safari default language - MacOS
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List - MacOS
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint - SharePoint