If you have a use case wherein you want to add a line number before each line, you can do that using Column Editor in Notepad++ text Editor.
- Open a file or be on the tab where you want to insert line numbers,
- Be at the start of the line from where you want to prefix line numbers (advance: better to do a Multi-Column Select),
- Go to Menu: Edit -> Column Editor,
- Select: Number to Insert
- Add: Initial number: 1
- Add: Increase by:
- Select Leading zeros if you want them.
- Click OK
A B C D E F G H I J K
01 A 02 B 03 C 04 D 05 E 06 F 07 G 08 H 09 I 10 J 11 K
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable?
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Encode/Decode URL Query String in Notepad++
- Remove duplicate lines using Notepad++
- Add comma or semicolon at end of each line Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Using Document Map in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Truncate table using Java JDBC Example - Java
- Install Microsoft OneDrive on Mac - MacOS
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur] - MacOS
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Install Docker Desktop on M1/M2 Apple Silicon ARM Chip Mac - Docker
- Resolve - zsh: command not found: code - zsh