% git config --list --local fatal: --local can only be used inside a git repository
If you are trying to use --local option along with a git command like config, you will get a fatal error saying local can only be used inside a git repository when you are not inside any git managed repo.
The option --local is associated with a repo that is local and hence you should be inside one of them.Fix:
Navigate to the directory where you have your code in git and run the command again!
% git config --list --local core.repositoryformatversion=0 core.filemode=true core.bare=false core.logallrefupdates=true remote.origin.url=https://xxxx:email@example.com/xxxx/repo.git remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* branch.main.remote=origin branch.main.merge=refs/heads/main
- [Fixed] Git Clone firstname.lastname@example.org: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error
- Github: How to Invite Collaborators
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email
- [Solution] fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
- [fix] zsh: command not found: git
- Github: fatal: Authentication failed Support for password was removed on August 13, 2021
- Get List of all local branches git command
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview
- git fatal: Authentication failed error [fix]
- How to Install Git on Ubuntu Linux
- GitHub: How to Search Code
- How to change Git Default Author and Committer details in Eclipse
- How to check your installed version of Git
- Install GitHub Command Line Tool on Mac
- How to Merge Branch into Master Branch
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error
- How to undo last Git Commit on Local Repository?
- git command to remove/unstage files from staging area
- Step-by-Step: Setting up Docker + Ubuntu Linux + Git + GitHub Tutorial
- Remove git config at Local, Global or System Levels?
- Fix [oh-my-zsh] Cant update: not a git repository
- Git Config Command - A Deep Dive
- fatal: Unable to create '/c/git_repo/.git/index.lock': File exists. If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a git process crashed in this repository earlier.
- How to change directory in Git bash
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint
- What is the doctype for HTML5? - Html
- Setting $JAVA_HOME Environment Variable in macOS - MacOS
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint) - SharePoint
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- Hide cURL Outputs and Errors on Terminal - cURL
- Convert String to int in Java - Java