Did you just create a Docker image using a dockerfile with a build command and did not provide an image name? Well then, when run docker images you will see your image name as <none> for tag and repository.
% docker images REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE <none> <none> 5eeb4aaaec59 16 seconds ago 180MB ubuntu latest 3c2df5585507 10 days ago 69.2MB amazonlinux latest 5514655128c4 2 weeks ago 194MB alpine latest a6215f271958 3 months ago 5.29MB
How do you rename the image you just created?
First, find out the IMAGE ID of the image and then run the docker image tag command followed by image id and image name.
% docker image tag 5eeb4aaaec59 myimg:2.1.0
% docker images REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE myimg 2.1.0 5eeb4aaaec59 About a minute ago 180MB
Note tag will be latest if you do not provide any.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- The tag img may only appear as a descendant of tag noscript. Did you mean amp-img - AMP
- Java 8 foreach loop code examples - Java
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- Hotstar Disney+ mobile app test push notification - News
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS] - MacOS
- Calculate Area of Trapezoid - C-Program