osascript Docker Desktop wants to create symlinks for docker binaries in /usr/local/bin; add startup task to symlink /Users/code2care/.docker/run/docker.sock to /var/run/docker.sock. If rejected, Docker Desktop will create symlinks in ~/.docker/bin and edit your shell profile to ensure it's on your PATH Please reload any open shells for the changes to take place. Touch ID or enter your password to allow this.
After recently updating Docker Desktop Application on macOS, I received the above message after installation.
By clicking on User Password... and providing my macOS password Docker created symbolic links under /usr/local/bin and added a startup task to symlink /Users/my-user/.docker/run/docker.sock to /var/run/docker.sock.
% ls -ltrha | grep '^l' lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 54B Oct 26 18:35 docker -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 62B Oct 26 18:35 com.docker.cli -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/com.docker.cli lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 62B Oct 26 18:35 docker-compose -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-compose lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 80B Oct 26 18:35 docker-compose-v1 -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-compose-v1/docker-compose lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 65B Oct 26 18:35 vpnkit -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/com.docker.vpnkit lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 56B Oct 26 18:35 hub-tool -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/hub-tool lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 73B Oct 26 18:35 docker-credential-desktop -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-credential-desktop lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 77B Oct 26 18:35 docker-credential-osxkeychain -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-credential-osxkeychain lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 75B Oct 26 18:35 docker-credential-ecr-login -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-credential-ecr-login lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 55B Oct 26 18:35 kubectl -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/kubectl lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 55B Oct 26 18:35 kubectl.docker -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/kubectl lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 60B Dec 12 15:20 docker-index -> /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/bin/docker-index
ls -l | grep docker lrwxr-xr-x 1 root daemon 40 Dec 12 15:42 docker.sock -> /Users/code2care/.docker/run/docker.sock
More Posts related to Docker,
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history - MacOS
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar - NotepadPlusPlus
- clear is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. - DOS
- How to Show Battery Percentage inside iPhone 12-14 Battery Indicator? - iOS
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 in java - Java
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically? - Python