If docker is not running on your device you will see errors like below,
% docker ps Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
If you are a developer and frequently use the Terminal commands to work with Docker and wonder how to start or open it command line then you can make use of the open command,Command:
$ open -a docker
When you will run this command in Terminal shell, you will see that the docker desktop application is loaded and will get started and then you can run all the subsequent docker commands.
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- [Fix] MySQL No database selected - ERROR 1046 (3D000) - MySQL
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal - MacOS
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS - Java
- Implementing Android Text to Speech Example - Android
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen? - Linux
- No CPU ABI system image available for this target Error Android Virtual Device - Android