% docker rm 9f02645eac99Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container 9f02645eac. Stop the container before attempting removal or force remove.
If you get an error from docker daemon while trying to stop a docker container saying Stop the container before attempting removal, it means that the container that you are trying to remove is still running and you need to stop it first,
How to stop a running docker container?
You can stop a docker container by its name or Container ID using the docker stop command,
% docker stop 9f02645eac99
How to force remove a running docker container?
To force remove a docker container make use of the -f or --force option along with the docker rm command,
% docker rm -f 9f02645eac99 9f02645eac99
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- How to Access Terminal (Command Line) in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- MacBook - Time Limit - You have reached your time limit, Ignore Limit - MacOS
- C#.Net error The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - SharePoint
- How to make Text in TextView bold and italic in Android - Android
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql - Java
- Word count in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog - Android
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program