In order to create a dockerFile Name: mysql-docker-compose.yml
version: '3.8' services: uat_mysql_db: image: mysql:latest restart: always volumes: - "./.mysql-data/db:/Users/code2care/docker-volumes" ports: - 3306:3306 environment: MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: root123 MYSQL_DATABASE: my_uat MYSQL_USER: mysqluser MYSQL_PASSWORD: mysqluser123
Docker MySQL Compose file details:
- version: It is the version of the docker-compose file, this should be based on your docker engine - know more: Compatibility matrix
- services: To define the list of services, we just have one here with name ie. uat_mysql_db,
- image: The name of the MySQL docker image with the tag as the latest, you can choose a tag with a specific version of MySQL e.g. 5.7 etc: https://hub.docker.com/_/mysql/tags
- restart: We always want to restart the container if it fails for some reason.
- volumes: We want to store the MySQL files on the local device at the specified location.
- ports: Exposing the local MySQL 3306 port to host device 3306 port.
- environment: Defined the MySQL root user password and optional superuser and password.
Running the MySQL Docker Compose file
Make sure you run the command from the directory where you have the .yml file.
% docker compose -f mysql-docker-compose.yml up
Logging into the MySQL prompt using root user
# docker exec -it my-docker-scripts-uat_mysql_db-1 /bin/sh sh-4.4# mysql -uroot -p Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 8 Server version: 8.0.30 MySQL Community Server - GPL .. .. mysql> show databases; +--------------------+ | Database | +--------------------+ | information_schema | | my_uat | | mysql | | performance_schema | | sys | +--------------------+ 5 rows in set (0.02 sec)
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to Docker,
- Connect to local macOS/Windows localhost (127.0.0.1) from within Docker Container Image
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- Run DynamoDB Local on Docker Container
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- How to stop and start a docker container
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments
- [Docker M1/M2 Mac] qemu-x86_64: Could not open /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory AWS CLI
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Docker Desktop App not starting on Mac (macOS)
- How to check the size of a Docker Container
- [fix] Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- [docker] Error response from daemon: No such container
- Docker Alpine Linux and Apache2 Example
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- Install Bash on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- How to know list of images available on your device
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed - Android
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- Install Native Java JDK JRE on Apple Silicon M1 Mac - MacOS
- No Android device found : Android File Transfer App Mac OS X - Android
- Using Java 8 Month Enum with Examples - Java
- Java - Check if array contains the value - Java
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video - Microsoft
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal - Android