If you see the below error message when trying to configure a new Android Project in Android Studio IDE, then you need to make sure that the Package Name is chosen correctly.
The package must have at least one '.' separator
Make sure that the package name has at least one dot in it. example com.code2care, but if you know how package names are chosen then it should have 2 dots and 3 words in it,
- com.facebook.katana: This is Facebook App for Android Package name
- com.android.chrome: This is for Android Chrome Browser
So the 1st part of the package name is the domain e.g. com, org, net e.t.c, the 2nd part is your company name, 3rd part is the app name.
Note: As this will be your java package - it should only contain lower case text per convention.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to save IntelliJ IDE Console logs to external log file
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio
- How to update Android Studio
- Emulator: Warning: restoring GLES1 context from snapshot. App may need reloading.
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio]
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- Android Studio Error:(19, 0) Gradle DSL method not found: android()
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml
- How to rename package name in Android Studio
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- [Solution] Android Studio does not displays Toolbar in Layout Design
- Android Studio : Build Tools 23.0.0 rc1 is deprecated
- Calculate discount amount python code - Python
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts] - Microsoft
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- 2020 Popular Halloween Emoji's and hashtags - Hashtags
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh - zsh
- Best Free Gif screen capture app now available for M1 Chip Mac - LICECap - MacOS