If you see the below error message when trying to configure a new Android Project in Android Studio IDE, then you need to make sure that the Package Name is chosen correctly.
The package must have at least one '.' separator
Make sure that the package name has at least one dot in it. example com.code2care, but if you know how package names are chosen then it should have 2 dots and 3 words in it,
- com.facebook.katana: This is Facebook App for Android Package name
- com.android.chrome: This is for Android Chrome Browser
So the 1st part of the package name is the domain e.g. com, org, net e.t.c, the 2nd part is your company name, 3rd part is the app name.
Note: As this will be your java package - it should only contain lower case text per convention.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio
- Android Studio Button onClickListener Example
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- [Solution] Android Studio does not displays Toolbar in Layout Design
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- [Android Studio] Button on click example
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to update Android Studio
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio
- How to save IntelliJ IDE Console logs to external log file
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- [Solved] Error launching studio