SwissCovid is the official mobile app to help curb COVID-19 Pandemic has been launched in Switzerland for its residents and is available for download from June 25 on both App Store and Play Store. This app is will help contain the spread of COVID-19 as it will be used for contact tracing.
SwissCovid is operated by the Federal Office of Public Health FOPH. This app is made available free of cost and using/installing this app is voluntary. There are other countries that had launched similar apps such as Aarogya Setu was launched in India in April 2020 which has been downloaded over 100 million times and has a rating of 4.4 on Android Play Store. Using such app's by masses will contain the coronavirus, more the people will download and use such app it would be more efficient.
The app data will be stored on the user's smartphone and does not send any personal or location data to a central storage location or server,Protecting privacy
The data that your SwissCovid app collects are stored locally on your smartphone. The phone does not send any personal or location data to a central storage location or server. This means that no one can work out who you have been in contact with or where that contact took place. Once the coronavirus crisis is over, or if the app proves to be ineffective, the system will be shut down. The use of the app is limited to Switzerland and is subject to Swiss law.
Downloading SwissCovid App on Android phones
- Go to your Android Playstore App
- Search for SwissCovid
- Note: This App requires minimum Android OS 6 i.e. Marshmallow
- You can check your OS version by going to Settings > About phone > Software information > Android version
- You can also use the direct link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.admin.bag.dp3t
- Go to your iOS Apple App Store
- Search for SwissCovid or use link: https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/id1509275381
- Note: This App requires minimum iOS 13.5
- You can check your OS version by going to Settings> General> Info> Software version
- 5 Programming Languages to Learn in the Year 2021
- Mac - Steam Needs to Be Online to Update. Please confirm your network connection and try again error
- Uber and UberEats App down - issues with network, login, navigation, fare price, orders
- John Robert Lewis dies at 80
- Tesla hit by a complete network and mobile app outage - 23 Sept 2020 11am ET (US and Europe)
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020
- airbnb website and mobile App is down worldwide - clear browser cache or reinstall app to fix error
- Telegram down in Europe - users facing connection issues and 500 Internal Server error
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon.
- Spotify is down for iOS and Android globally - error no internet connection available, something went wrong
- How to check if Java main thread is alive - Java
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS] - MacOS
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows - Android-Studio
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process - NotepadPlusPlus
- TypeError: must be str, not int - Python
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop - MacOS