Notepad++ is a great text editor for the Windows Operating System, it works great with a quick text and code editing. But at times you may also be using it as an alternative to Word Document, and you may wish if we had the option to highlight erred spellings,
Spellcheck is not by default available on Notepad++, we need to download it via the Plugin Admin, its called "DSpellCheck", below are the steps to enable spell check,
- Go to Plugins.. -> Plugin Admin..
- Search or look for DSpellCheck, Check the plugin and click Install
- You would be prompted that Notepad++ will get restarted post the update, so make sure you save all your work before the update.
- Once you click yes, Notepad++ will get restarted.
- Now you should see an ABC icon below the Menu bar, but you may see no text getting spellchecked.
- Note: you would require to install a language dictionary in order to highlight incorrect works to do that follow the below steps
- Go to Menu -> Plugins -> DSpellCheck
- Click on Download Dictionaries and get the language dictionary you want.
- Now you should see incorrect words getting highlighted.
⛏️ You can disable spell-check by going to Plugins -> DSpellCheck and uncheck "Spell check document automatically", or by simply clicking not the ABC icon below the menu bar!
Spell-checking with these main features: - Underlining spelling mistakes - Iterating through all mistakes in the document - Finding mistakes only in comments and strings (For files with standard programming language syntax e.g. C++) - Possible usage of multiple languages (dictionaries) simultaneously to do spell-checking. - Getting suggestions for words by either using the default Notepad++ menu or separate context menu called by special button appearing under the word. - Able to add words to user dictionary or ignore them for the current session of Notepad++ - Using either the Hunspell library (included in the plugin) or Aspell library (needs to be installed). - A lot of customizing is available from Plugin settings (Ignoring/Allowing only specific files, Choosing delimiters for words, Maximum number of suggestions, etc) - Support for downloading and removing Hunspell dictionaries through a user-friendly GUI interface - Ability to quickly change the current language through a nice menu. Author: Sergey Semushin Homepage: https://github.com/Predelnik/DSpellCheck
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++