⛔️ Error running 'app': No target device found.
The above error you may get when trying to run your Android Application on IntelliJ Android Studio, it means that there is no device available to run your application. You would require either of the below two kinds of devices.
- 1. External Device: You need to connect an external physical Android device to your computer with Developer settings enabled, or,
- 2. Virtual Device: You need to have an AVD - Android Virtual device (an emulator) available.
- Click on Menu: Tools → AVD Manager
- Now click on + Create Virtual Device
- You would see options like - Pixel XL, 3a XL Nexus e.t.c, select one of the devices and click Next.
- On the Select a system image page you need to select an image - Note if the image is not earlier download you would need to do it - Recommend once are among R, Q, Oreo, Nougat
- You would now be taken to a new prompt Component installer that will download and install the image - not this would take a while depending on your internet speed. Once the installation completes click Finish.
- Now select the AVD and click Next - You can provide a new to the AVD here and set standard mode - portrait or landscape e.t.c., now click Finish
- Now try to run your application. It should work!
Packages to install: - Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image (system-images;android-R;google_apis;x86) Preparing "Install Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image (revision: 4)". Downloading https://dl.google.com/android/repository/sys-img/google_apis/x86-R_r04.zip "Install Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image (revision: 4)" ready. Installing Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image in C:\Users\c2c\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\system-images\android-R\google_apis\x86 "Install Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image (revision: 4)" complete. "Install Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image (revision: 4)" finished.
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Show Android Studio Emulator in a Separate Window
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Check Android Studio App is M1/M2 Chip based post installation
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- Fix: Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again. - Google
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example - Java
- Comparator with Lambda Examples - Java
- Android read text file from internal storage - Android
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS] - Linux
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- TextEdit save file with txt extension - MacOS
- Android Studio : Build Tools 23.0.0 rc1 is deprecated - Android-Studio