When I first moved from a Windows to a macOS Macbook, the first keyboard shortcuts that I had to learn was Cut, Copy, and Paste 😊. I know you must be thinking it is so trivial! Well yes it is but you must know that we use Command Key ⌘ in combination with keys like X - to cut, C - to copy and - V to paste on windows - this will not work on macOS, you will have to use the Command button instead - Look for this symbol on your Mac Keyboard - ⌘
How to do CUT operation with keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and X
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard. If it's the text, the selected text will be removed from the document and cached in the clipboard.
How to do the COPY operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and C
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard.
How to do the PASTE operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and V
When both of these keys are pressed together the Clipboard item or text will be attached/appended to the current document. If you use these keys on a clipped file it will get pasted to any other location.
- How to connect AirPods to Mac
- Display Safari URL address link on hover
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Docker Desktop needs privileged access macOS
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to start/boot macOS in safe mode - Big Sur 11.0, Catalina 10.15, or Mojave 10.14
- Find Mac version using terminal command
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to make EditText text to uppercase or lowercase on macOS
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert
- The default interactive shell is now zsh. [macOS]
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell)
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java - Java
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- Find Difference of two numbers - C-Program
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD - Bash
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project - Android-Studio
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass - Java