AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. If that is not the case, delete the files at C:\Users\user\.android\avd/Pixel_2_API_15.avd/*.lock and try again.
The above error while running Android Virtual Device (AVD) may come up when the lock of the AVD was not released correctly, there are few things you can try to resolve this issue,
- Go to Tools ? AVD Manager
- Select your AVD device and under Actions click on the down arrow and click on Stop.
- Now try running the AVD again, it should work.
If the above does not work for you then you can try deleting all the lock files and folders under the location thats prompted in the error,
- Go to the location as seen in the error: example: C:\Users\user\.android\avd/Pixel_2_API_15.avd/
- Now delete all .lock files and folders.
I could see a few of them: hardware-qemu.ini.lock & multiinstance.lock. If while deleting these files you see an error like "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file it is open in another program" that means your AVD is running and you need to close it (or kill its process instance) so you can delete these files.
- Thank you! This really helped
user135 18 Jul 2020 11:07:49 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Show Android Studio Emulator in a Separate Window
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Check Android Studio App is M1/M2 Chip based post installation
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- How to comment code in Python - Python
- How to Open Calculator using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- say command macOS terminal examples - MacOS
- Robinhood unexpected server error - Android
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Implementing Merge Sort Algorithm in Java Program - Java
- How to create MD5 digest in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint