The below script will update the "Created By" site column (also known as document Author) of a SharePoint document or list item.
⚡️ Note - This requires updating the Author and Editor attributes both.
$spWeb = Get-SPWeb -Identity "http://sharepoint_site_url" $spList = $spWeb.Lists["Shared Documents"] $spItem = $spList.GetItemById(1) $SPFieldUserValue = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldUserValue($SPWeb,1, "LastName, FirstName") $spItem["Author"] = $SPFieldUserValue $spItem["Editor"] = $SPFieldUserValue $spItem.Update()
Make sure you specify the username correctly.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Add X days from today in Command Line - HowTos
- Quickly install Apache Server on Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo? - HowTos
- Find installed Gradle version command - Gradle
- How to start Microsoft Teams on Mac Startup - Teams
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse] - Eclipse
- JSON Schema and Hyper-Schema : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- How to know Notepad++ is 32-bit or 64-bit Version - NotepadPlusPlus