The below script will update the "Created By" site column (also known as document Author) of a SharePoint document or list item.
⚡️ Note - This requires updating the Author and Editor attributes both.
$spWeb = Get-SPWeb -Identity "http://sharepoint_site_url" $spList = $spWeb.Lists["Shared Documents"] $spItem = $spList.GetItemById(1) $SPFieldUserValue = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldUserValue($SPWeb,1, "LastName, FirstName") $spItem["Author"] = $SPFieldUserValue $spItem["Editor"] = $SPFieldUserValue $spItem.Update()
Make sure you specify the username correctly.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop? - MacOS
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- How to uninstall/remove or disable Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint - SharePoint
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial] - Android
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- 12 August - International Youth Day celebrated worldwide - News
- How to make jsfiddle bootstrap ready - CSS