I have seen that my Android IDE LogCat console keeps throwing the below-stated error message, sometimes when I try to run the app on Emulator (especially one that's running Android Lollipop version 5.1 API 22), the Uploading stage takes a bit of more time and thus Launch canceled! error, when I try again sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't,
[2015-05-19 18:39:32 - example] Android Launch! [2015-05-19 18:39:32 - example] adb is running normally. [2015-05-19 18:39:32 - example] Performing com.example.example.CreateQuizActivity activity launch [2015-05-19 18:39:32 - example] Uploading Example.apk onto device 'emulator-5554' [2015-05-19 18:39:41 - Quizziuq] Failed to install Example.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout [2015-05-19 18:39:41 - example] Launch canceled!
To resolve this issue you gotta increase the Timeout time value set in for ADB. This can be done by,
- Go to Window -> Preferences (if you are using Windows OS) or Eclipse -> Preferences (if you are using Mac OS X) or Android Studio -> Preferences (if you are using Mac OS X)
- Now go to Android tab,
- Select DDMS under Android.
- You would see ADB connection time out (ms): 5000.
- Change the value from 5000 to say 15000 or more.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.
- Now try running the App again on Emulator.
More Posts related to Android,
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Error: Failed to validate the signature of the actionable message card - Power Automate Flow - PowerAutomate
- List of Online Java compiler with console - Java
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020 - News
- How to List All Users in Linux - Linux
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Java 8 java.util.Function and BiFunction Examples - Java
- Fix: Maven - Failed to execute goal - Compilation failure - Source/Target option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later - Java