If you are using a long word without any break in between then the text might extend beyond the allocated area and push out giving a bad experience to end-users.
Use the word-wrap property and set it to break-word, additionally a fixed-width needs to be specified.
For example, below is some sample text in a Div with a long word without a break. Notice, how it goes outside the allocated area (width = 300px).
This is a Div. I am going to show how a looooooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggggggggggggggggg text without any breaks will look like.
Now let us look at the same example, but using the word-wrap property (word-wrap:break-word). Notice how neatly the text is wrapped and aligned.Here is the code (a fixed width is important here) -
<div style="background:lightgray;width:300px;word-wrap:break-word"> This is a Div. I am going to show how a looooooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggggggggggggggggg text without any breaks will look like. </div>
- What is the doctype for HTML5?
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags
- All directional arrows codes for HTML
- Remove Html head and body tags from ckeditor source
- Hyperlink in html (anchor tag) without a underline
- remove div vertical scroll
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table
- How to remove old 404 pages ulrs from Google crawler
- HTML, HTML5. CSS, CSS3 Color Codes 2020
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT
- Android : Error in http connection java.net.SocketException: Permission denied - Android
- How to create Toast messages in Android - Android
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse - Android-Studio
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015 - HowTos
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- How to turn off Facebook autoplay videos on timeline - Facebook
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable - Android
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links - SharePoint
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Java XML-RPC 3.1.x based web service example - Java
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android