Consider a scenario where you share a particular SharePoint link with your colleagues and other co-workers. Users have a tendency to bookmark frequently accessed URLs.
For some reason, this content on this page is moved and there is a new site/page which hosts the content now. If users access this page, they will get undesired results.
It will be a good idea to redirect the users to the new page (site collection, subsite, page) when the current bookmarked URL is accessed.Simple HTML Solution
- Edit the SharePoint page.
- Add a Content Editor web part.
- Add below code in the content editor web part. Optionally you can also display a message if needed.
- This page has shifted, you are being redirect to http://code2care.org
- Save web part changes.
- Save and publish the page.
- Test the page for redirection.
<script> window.location.href = "http://code2care.org"; </script>
By doing so, the page will instantly navigate and redirect the user to the specified URL.
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Find Sum of two numbers - C-Program
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application - SharePoint
- List of all iPads till year 2020 - Apple
- PHP 301 Redirect Permanently - PHP
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- REST API to get all Jira projects - Postman, Basic Auth - Jira
- 🎃 Trending, Popular Halloween hashtags for year 2020 🎃 [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat] - Hashtags
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command - MacOS
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Mac-OS-X
- Project JDK is not defined [IntelliJ IDEA] - Java
- Horizontally Center Align tag in HTML using CSS - CSS
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired. - Microsoft
- Java: The value of the local variable string is not used - Java
- Facebook : Warning: Request without access token missing application ID or client token - Facebook
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015 - HowTos