Consider a scenario where you share a particular SharePoint link with your colleagues and other co-workers. Users have a tendency to bookmark frequently accessed URLs.
For some reason, this content on this page is moved and there is a new site/page which hosts the content now. If users access this page, they will get undesired results.
It will be a good idea to redirect the users to the new page (site collection, subsite, page) when the current bookmarked URL is accessed.Simple HTML Solution
- Edit the SharePoint page.
- Add a Content Editor web part.
- Add below code in the content editor web part. Optionally you can also display a message if needed.
- This page has shifted, you are being redirect to http://code2care.org
- Save web part changes.
- Save and publish the page.
- Test the page for redirection.
<script> window.location.href = "http://code2care.org"; </script>
By doing so, the page will instantly navigate and redirect the user to the specified URL.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line - NotepadPlusPlus
- Word count in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server - SharePoint
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- What does apt-get update command does? - Linux
- How to display date and time in GMT Timezone in Java - Java
- Create S3 bucket and upload files using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code - AWS
- How to turn off autocomplete in input fields in HTML Form - Html