Consider a scenario where you share a particular SharePoint link with your colleagues and other co-workers. Users have a tendency to bookmark frequently accessed URLs.
For some reason, this content on this page is moved and there is a new site/page which hosts the content now. If users access this page, they will get undesired results.
It will be a good idea to redirect the users to the new page (site collection, subsite, page) when the current bookmarked URL is accessed.Simple HTML Solution
- Edit the SharePoint page.
- Add a Content Editor web part.
- Add below code in the content editor web part. Optionally you can also display a message if needed.
- This page has shifted, you are being redirect to http://code2care.org
- Save web part changes.
- Save and publish the page.
- Test the page for redirection.
<script> window.location.href = "http://code2care.org"; </script>
By doing so, the page will instantly navigate and redirect the user to the specified URL.
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Change Android Toast background color - Android
- [Solved] Dynamic Web Module 3.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer Mac OSX - Mac-OS-X
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity. - Android
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name - Android
- SharePoint Open in the client application document opens in browser - Java
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL - SharePoint
- Duplicate id @+id/textView1, already defined earlier in this layout Android Error - Android
- Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end users experience - Java
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial - Android
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct - SharePoint
- 32 css cursors web developers must know - CSS
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS PHP - PHP
- 403 forbidden error for Image - PHP
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application - Android