The Developer Dashboard is available with SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 which provides tracking information to the developers and administrators for debugging and troubleshooting issues with page and its components, usually to check the rendering time.
Developers can identify what type of problem by looking at the traces found on the page itself. The performance issues and resource usage information is also available in Unified Logging Service (ULS) logs but understanding the raw data takes time and is not easy. But Developer Dashboard information is correlated making identifying issues much easier.Information included
- Thread execution time
- Number, duration, call stack information and query text of each SQL Server query generated by the page
- Number, duration, and call stack information of each WCF call
- URL or timer job name
- Current user
- Execution start time
- Any of the preceding statistics for code enclosed by SPMonitoredScope
- On - Dashboard is viewable on all pages that use the default master page
- OnDemand - Dashboard icon is displayed on the top right side of the page allowing users to toggle the Dashboard on and off
How to enable-disable Dashboard
- The Developer Dashboard is always Off by default.
- There are multiple ways to enable it - STSADM, Windows PowerShell, SharePoint Object Model.
STSADM- Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
[ON MODE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv on
[ONDEMAND MODE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv ondemand
[DISABLE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv off
POWERSHELL - Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
[ON MODE] (Get-SPFarm).PerformanceMonitor.DeveloperDashboardLevel = "On"
[ONDEMAND MODE] (Get-SPFarm).PerformanceMonitor.DeveloperDashboardLevel = "OnDemand"
SHAREPOINT CODE - Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
SPPerformanceMonitor pm = SPFarm.Local.PerformanceMonitor; pm.DeveloperDashboardLevel = SPPerformanceMonitoringLevel.On; pm.Update();
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- [fix] RabbitMQ: AuthenticationFailureException ACCESS_REFUSED Login refused authentication mechanism PLAIN - 2022
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux) - Docker
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey - MacOS
- Word count in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python] - Python
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple