The Developer Dashboard is available with SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 which provides tracking information to the developers and administrators for debugging and troubleshooting issues with page and its components, usually to check the rendering time.
Developers can identify what type of problem by looking at the traces found on the page itself. The performance issues and resource usage information is also available in Unified Logging Service (ULS) logs but understanding the raw data takes time and is not easy. But Developer Dashboard information is correlated making identifying issues much easier.Information included
- Thread execution time
- Number, duration, call stack information and query text of each SQL Server query generated by the page
- Number, duration, and call stack information of each WCF call
- URL or timer job name
- Current user
- Execution start time
- Any of the preceding statistics for code enclosed by SPMonitoredScope
- On - Dashboard is viewable on all pages that use the default master page
- OnDemand - Dashboard icon is displayed on the top right side of the page allowing users to toggle the Dashboard on and off
How to enable-disable Dashboard
- The Developer Dashboard is always Off by default.
- There are multiple ways to enable it - STSADM, Windows PowerShell, SharePoint Object Model.
STSADM- Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
[ON MODE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv on
[ONDEMAND MODE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv ondemand
[DISABLE] stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv off
POWERSHELL - Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
[ON MODE] (Get-SPFarm).PerformanceMonitor.DeveloperDashboardLevel = "On"
[ONDEMAND MODE] (Get-SPFarm).PerformanceMonitor.DeveloperDashboardLevel = "OnDemand"
SHAREPOINT CODE - Enable/Disable Developer Dashboard
SPPerformanceMonitor pm = SPFarm.Local.PerformanceMonitor; pm.DeveloperDashboardLevel = SPPerformanceMonitoringLevel.On; pm.Update();
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to Install glib on Mac - MacOS
- The default interactive shell is now zsh. [macOS] - MacOS
- Find installed Gradle version command - Gradle
- How to remove or unstage a file from git staged area - Git
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin - Eclipse
- Build-in Snipping Tool Alternative on Mac - MacOS
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac - Python
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000 - SharePoint