If you are trying to get Google's Chrome Web Browser updated to the newer version available and you get an Error message like Update failed (error: 12), then try the following steps :
- Close your Chrome Browser: You may use Keys CTRL + SHIFT + Q on Windows or Command + Q on Mac OS X.
- Restart Chrome.
- Now try updating.
If you still facing issues then do check for Malware on your device using Chrome Cleanup Tool.
If still a problem exists then you may have to re-install Chrome.Read more: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/111996?hl=en
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English
- Google Chrome Update failed (error: 12)
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location
- How to see HTTP Request Response Headers in Google Chrome Browser
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome]
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device
- How to Update Chrome Browser on Mac?
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome?
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes.