SharePoint provides the great capability of discovering contents, discussions, people, etc from your SharePoint environment, which leverages the Search service. Though this is a quite useful feature, there are a few limitations that sometimes need to be handled in order to meet the requirements and desired results/output.Maximum search results returned limitation
SharePoint 2010 search has a default limit of 10000 maximum results for the submitted queries.
This is something the developer might not be aware of initially but will encounter an exception if tried to get results more than 10000 results using the RowLimit of FullTextSqlQuery.
If RowLimit is not specified, only 50 results will be returned by default.
See the below line from developer code.
query.RowLimit = 15000;
ResultTableCollection queryResults = query.Execute();
In this code, the developer wants to get 15000 results for the provided query, but the code throws an exception as Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E01.
This is because the default limit set by SharePoint is 10000, moreover this cannot be changed through Central Administration. One way to change this setting is by using below PowerShell command.
$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication
Now if the above code is executed, the query will return a maximum of 15000 results. The limit can be set of 10000 again using the same PowerShell script as above and changing Config:qp_MaxResultsReturned to 10000.Important Note
This PowerShell script will modify the related Search Service Application configuration for the entire FARM, so please consult your SharePoint Admin before making any updates. This is not recommended in live Production environments and such changes should be made only by the Admins.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS - HowTos
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial - Android
- Split a String in Java with Examples - Java
- Create assets folder in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- JSON Schema and Hyper-Schema : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial