If you have installed the Minimal Version of CentOS, by default the network interface is off, so it needs to be turned ON.
Type: dhclient using root, this will turn on your network.
Now try "yum update commands"
Error Message : One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown), and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this: 1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem. 2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous distribution release still work). 3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage: yum-config-manager --disable 4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable. Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands, so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice compromise: yum-config-manager --save --setopt=.skip_if_unavailable=true Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64
More Posts related to HowTos,
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to submit website to dmoz directory
- How to stop or quit cat command?
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- How to add Widgets to MacBook Desktop
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- Country ISO Codes List - Java
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete - Android
- Amp Hello World Example - AMP
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22 - Android
- 3 Python program to add two numbers - Python
- How to install powershell on macOS - Powershell
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7 - Android
- The service instance - SharePoint