If you have installed the Minimal Version of CentOS, by default the network interface is off, so it needs to be turned ON.
Type: dhclient using root, this will turn on your network.
Now try "yum update commands"
Error Message : One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown), and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this: 1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem. 2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous distribution release still work). 3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage: yum-config-manager --disable 4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable. Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands, so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice compromise: yum-config-manager --save --setopt=.skip_if_unavailable=true Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64
More Posts related to HowTos,
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to find lost AirPods?
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial - Android
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter - HowTos
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql - Java
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete - Android
- remove div vertical scroll - Html
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically - Android
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store - Android
- [Mac] To open Eclipse you need to install the legacy java se 6 runtime - Mac-OS-X
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Maven Eclipse (M2e) No archetypes currently available - Java
- Tutorial: CSS Media Query for Responsive Web Design - CSS
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps - HowTos
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front - Android