HashTags have become very popular on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter in last few years. They became popular with Twitter's 'Trending Topics' and are being used widely for discussions, debates and event promotions. 'Hashtag' word have also been added to the English Dictionary.Usefulness:
A hashtag is a term/label used on social platforms which allow users to find relevant messages associated with a desired topic.
Hashtags can be created by placing the hash character # in front of a word, it can be at the beginning, middle or end of message.
Searching for a particular hashtag will show all messages which are tagged with it.Where users go wrong?
Even after using them on regular basis, many users create the hashtag itself incorrectly, which means the hashtag was never created or associated with your message. These messages will never be linked to the hashtag. Statistics show that more number of people on Twitter use hashtags correctly whereas the case is different when it comes to Facebook or Google+.
So lets focus on few examples of hashtags with Facebook.Incorrect way
Here user wants to create a tag for every word in message but clutters everything together without leaving spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message but ignores it.
this is #incorrect#way#of#using#facebook#hashtagCorrect way
Here user wants to create 3 tags in the message and leaves required spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message.
this is #correct #way of #using #facebook #hashtag
- Use the # symbol before the keyword to create a hashtag.
- Few platforms like Twitter gives you suggestions for matching tags when you are writing the message, use them.
- Use spaces to segregate multiple hashtags.
- Restrict 2-3 tags per message, do not go over this.
- Do not create a hashtag for every word in your message.
- Do not leave a space if the hashtag should be more than 2 words, this will create a tag only for the initial part. Example - #Code2Care will create a tag 'Code2Care', but #2 Care will create a tag 'Code' only.
- Do not use very long words for hashtags.
- # followed by a number or special character will not work. It needs to start with a letter.
- Non-English characters also work for hashtags. Example #भारत will create a tag 'भारत'.
- Do not use your own name as a tag, it might be of less importance.
- Hashtags do not work with WhatsApp.
- Use correct hashtags for your messages so that your message shows up when someone searches for the hashtag.
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag
Twitter - https://support.twitter.com/articles/49309-using-hashtags-on-twitter
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- How to find lost AirPods?
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf
- Display bookmarks bar Safari
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities - Android
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product - SharePoint
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android - Android
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated - Eclipse
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac - MacOS
- Mac OS X Taking Screen Capture using Terminal - Mac-OS-X
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back - Teams
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser - Google
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams - Teams
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired - Android
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error - HowTos
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS - Java
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message - WhatsApp
- Best Free Gif screen capture app now available for M1 Chip Mac - LICECap - MacOS