HashTags have become very popular on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter in last few years. They became popular with Twitter's 'Trending Topics' and are being used widely for discussions, debates and event promotions. 'Hashtag' word have also been added to the English Dictionary.Usefulness:
A hashtag is a term/label used on social platforms which allow users to find relevant messages associated with a desired topic.
Hashtags can be created by placing the hash character # in front of a word, it can be at the beginning, middle or end of message.
Searching for a particular hashtag will show all messages which are tagged with it.Where users go wrong?
Even after using them on regular basis, many users create the hashtag itself incorrectly, which means the hashtag was never created or associated with your message. These messages will never be linked to the hashtag. Statistics show that more number of people on Twitter use hashtags correctly whereas the case is different when it comes to Facebook or Google+.
So lets focus on few examples of hashtags with Facebook.Incorrect way
Here user wants to create a tag for every word in message but clutters everything together without leaving spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message but ignores it.
this is #incorrect#way#of#using#facebook#hashtagCorrect way
Here user wants to create 3 tags in the message and leaves required spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message.
this is #correct #way of #using #facebook #hashtag
- Use the # symbol before the keyword to create a hashtag.
- Few platforms like Twitter gives you suggestions for matching tags when you are writing the message, use them.
- Use spaces to segregate multiple hashtags.
- Restrict 2-3 tags per message, do not go over this.
- Do not create a hashtag for every word in your message.
- Do not leave a space if the hashtag should be more than 2 words, this will create a tag only for the initial part. Example - #Code2Care will create a tag 'Code2Care', but #2 Care will create a tag 'Code' only.
- Do not use very long words for hashtags.
- # followed by a number or special character will not work. It needs to start with a letter.
- Non-English characters also work for hashtags. Example #भारत will create a tag 'भारत'.
- Do not use your own name as a tag, it might be of less importance.
- Hashtags do not work with WhatsApp.
- Use correct hashtags for your messages so that your message shows up when someone searches for the hashtag.
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag
Twitter - https://support.twitter.com/articles/49309-using-hashtags-on-twitter
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to submit website to dmoz directory
- How to stop or quit cat command?
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- How to add Widgets to MacBook Desktop
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file - Android-Studio
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements - Java
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- Unhandled exception type InterruptedException : Java Threads - Java
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS - MacOS
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos