HashTags have become very popular on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter in last few years. They became popular with Twitter's 'Trending Topics' and are being used widely for discussions, debates and event promotions. 'Hashtag' word have also been added to the English Dictionary.Usefulness:
A hashtag is a term/label used on social platforms which allow users to find relevant messages associated with a desired topic.
Hashtags can be created by placing the hash character # in front of a word, it can be at the beginning, middle or end of message.
Searching for a particular hashtag will show all messages which are tagged with it.Where users go wrong?
Even after using them on regular basis, many users create the hashtag itself incorrectly, which means the hashtag was never created or associated with your message. These messages will never be linked to the hashtag. Statistics show that more number of people on Twitter use hashtags correctly whereas the case is different when it comes to Facebook or Google+.
So lets focus on few examples of hashtags with Facebook.Incorrect way
Here user wants to create a tag for every word in message but clutters everything together without leaving spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message but ignores it.
this is #incorrect#way#of#using#facebook#hashtagCorrect way
Here user wants to create 3 tags in the message and leaves required spaces between each #. Also note, how the user knows which tag is actually resolved while creating the message.
this is #correct #way of #using #facebook #hashtag
- Use the # symbol before the keyword to create a hashtag.
- Few platforms like Twitter gives you suggestions for matching tags when you are writing the message, use them.
- Use spaces to segregate multiple hashtags.
- Restrict 2-3 tags per message, do not go over this.
- Do not create a hashtag for every word in your message.
- Do not leave a space if the hashtag should be more than 2 words, this will create a tag only for the initial part. Example - #Code2Care will create a tag 'Code2Care', but #2 Care will create a tag 'Code' only.
- Do not use very long words for hashtags.
- # followed by a number or special character will not work. It needs to start with a letter.
- Non-English characters also work for hashtags. Example #भारत will create a tag 'भारत'.
- Do not use your own name as a tag, it might be of less importance.
- Hashtags do not work with WhatsApp.
- Use correct hashtags for your messages so that your message shows up when someone searches for the hashtag.
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag
Twitter - https://support.twitter.com/articles/49309-using-hashtags-on-twitter
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to find lost AirPods?
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error - Android
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Mac OS X Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine - Mac-OS-X
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- How to stop disable Facebook video autoplay during scroll - Facebook
- NewApi error : Finds API accesses to APIs that are not supported in all targeted API versions - Android
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView - Android