If you are getting this kind of Lint error messages in your Android Logcat console then the reason can be one of the following,
1. Due to invalid Resource Identifier specified.
You might have provided a wrong type of resource identifier in the Java code,
Example, If you are trying to access a resources file you must use something like Resources.getString(int id), you may be passing R.string.something instead of R.drawable.something. Just check for such kind of access codes in your Java file and rectify them.
2. Passing the wrong constant to a method.
You might be passing a wrong constant to a method which might be expecting something elseFor example, when calling View#setLayoutDirection, the parameter must be android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_LTR or android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_RTL. Let's see an example where you have a Button and you try to access this button as button = findViewById(1);, you will get the error message as,
Expected Resource type id: Supplying the wrong type of resource identifier.
For example, when calling Resources.getString(int id), you should be passing R.string.something, not R.drawable.something. Passing the wrong constant to a method that expects one of a specific set of constants.
For example, when calling View#setLayoutDirection, the parameter must be android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_LTR or android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_RTL.
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial]
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Change Android Toast background color
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- 7 deadly java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in Java Programming - Java
- [Fix] java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol - Java
- 10 FTP SFTP Clients and Alternatives - FTP
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android - Android
- How to create Toast messages in Android? - Android
- 403 forbidden error for Image - PHP
- Remove URL Forward Slash Before Single or Double quotes in php.ini - PHP
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css - CSS
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements - SharePoint
- Big Sur unsupported Mac [macOS] - MacOS
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server - SharePoint
- What is the doctype for HTML5? - Html
- How to make Android EditText not editable - Android
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Check installed Python version in Windows, Linux & macOS - Python
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- java: unclosed string literal [Error] - Java