If you are getting this kind of Lint error messages in your Android Logcat console then the reason can be one of the following,
1. Due to invalid Resource Identifier specified.
You might have provided a wrong type of resource identifier in the Java code,
Example, If you are trying to access a resources file you must use something like Resources.getString(int id), you may be passing R.string.something instead of R.drawable.something. Just check for such kind of access codes in your Java file and rectify them.
2. Passing the wrong constant to a method.
You might be passing a wrong constant to a method which might be expecting something elseFor example, when calling View#setLayoutDirection, the parameter must be android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_LTR or android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_RTL. Let's see an example where you have a Button and you try to access this button as button = findViewById(1);, you will get the error message as,
Expected Resource type id: Supplying the wrong type of resource identifier.
For example, when calling Resources.getString(int id), you should be passing R.string.something, not R.drawable.something. Passing the wrong constant to a method that expects one of a specific set of constants.
For example, when calling View#setLayoutDirection, the parameter must be android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_LTR or android.view.View.LAYOUT_DIRECTION_RTL.
- Change Android Toast background color
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix]
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Share Multiple Images in WhatsApp using Android Intent - WhatsApp
- 🎃 Trending, Popular Halloween hashtags for year 2020 🎃 [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat] - Hashtags
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it - Chrome
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes - SharePoint
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser - SharePoint
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- 4 Open Source SQLite Editor for Mac OS X , Windows and Linux - Mac-OS-X
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location - Android-Studio