MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file
Posted on :
Mon, 12th Oct 15 11:43 am (Updated on :
Mon, 12th Oct 15 11:43 am) UTCAuthor : Code2care
- Error No : 1004
- Error Type : Server Error
- Error Code : 1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE)
- Error Message : Can't create file '%s' (errno: %d - %s) Server Error
This error may occur when creating a .frm file or copying it form one location to another fails.
If the .frm file is being moved or you do not have access permissions then you may get ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE.
It may also occur during creating of new table using LIKE clause.
What is a .frm file?
- MySQL table that you create are stored with .frm file extension in the disk.
- The file has the same name as that of table you create.
- The file format is the same regardless of the platform.
Example to access .frm file (Using XAMPP)
- Create table : mydb.mytable (name varchar(10));
- Now go to location where mysql is installed : XAMPP/xamppfiles/var/mysql/mydb/mytable.frm
- Note you may not have access to this file only if you have root access.
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +