Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available
Posted on :
Mon, 4th May 15 09:13 am (Updated on :
Mon, 4th May 15 09:13 am) UTCAuthor : Code2care
Error : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: D:\eclipse\jre\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH.
If you are get the above message when you try to run eclipse on you Computer then this can be because of various reasons,
Is Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed ?
This is the first thing you must check. If not then you must download it and get it installed (but do check the eclipse version 64 bit or 32 bit and download the appropriate setup)
64bit/32bit version issue!
- If you have a 64bit Operating System then you must have 64bit installation of Java and Eclipse or 32bit installation of Java and Eclipse (odd combinations will give such errors)
- If you have a 32bit Operating System then you must have 32bit installation of Java as well as Eclipse.
Invalid Java Enviroment Variable PATH setup!
- Right click on My Computer icon -> Properties -> Advance System Settings -> Environment Variables
- Go to System Variables -> Path, Click on Edit
- Now click on new, add the following,
- Variable Name : JAVA_HOME
- Variable Value : C:/Program files/java/jdk_path/ (path to your jdk)
- Under Variable Value itself add a semicolon ; and add %JAVA_HOME%/bin
Example : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java;%JAVA_HOME%\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin
Correct eclipse.ini setting up for javaw.exe
Under the eclipse folder you would see eclipse.ini file, check the path for javaw.exe,
Note if the line does not exists add it but make sure you add it above -vmargs.
eclipse -vm C:\Program Files\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe
Hope it helps someone! Happy Coding :)
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +