Android Studio Change SDK Path
Posted on :
Wed, 15th Apr 15 01:45 pm (Updated on :
Wed, 15th Apr 15 01:45 pm) UTCAuthor : Code2care
The default location for Android SDK in IntelliJ Android Studio IDE is something like /Users/code2care/Android/adt-bundle-mac-x86_64-20140702/sdk (on Mac OS X), it is the directory where the Android SDK is located when you install it, it is the location used for new projects and for existing projects that do not have a local.properties file with a sdk.dir property.
If you want to change this path to something else then follow the below steps,
- Just close Android Project that is open in Android Studio.It would be better if you can close the IDE completely and restart it.
- Now you should be able to see the "Welcome to Android Studio" window with Recent Projects at the left and Quick Start options at the right. Select Configure from the Quick Start Options.
- Now select Project Defaults from Configure Options.
- Select Project Structure.
- You would now get a Pop-up window SDK Locations
- You can change the path of the SDK under Android SDK location : text filed.
- Make changes to the path and Click Apply
- We are done!
Below is a screenshot walk through for the above steps that we have seen,
Step 1 : Select Configure
Step 2 : Select Project Defaults
Step 3 : Select Project Structure
Step 4 : Now Change Android Studio SDK Location Path Here.
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +